Discover centuries of Swiss heritage on this 2-hour walking tour of historical Zurich. With your guide, stroll along the bustling Bahnhofstrasse, and take in top attractions such as FraumÃ¼nster and GrossmÃ¼nster. Admire the largest clock face in Europe at St Peter Church and enjoy panoramic views over the Limmat River from Lindenhof, a peaceful oasis in the heart of the city. Learn of Zurichs 16th-century silk industry in Schipfe and explore the winding alleys of Niederdorf in the Old Town.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourChoose between a morning, afternoon or evening tour, then meet your guide in front of the tourist office at Zurich's main railway station before setting off on foot. Founded by the Romans in the 1st century, Zurich is today widely considered the cultural capital of Switzerland. Despite its forward-thinking attitude the citys rich history is evident, with many buildings holding ancient secrets from its dim and distant past.
First, follow your guide to the Bahnhofstrasse, Zurichs main shopping boulevard. Home to fashion boutiques, art galleries and stylish cafs, Bahnhofstrasse is a thriving hub in the heart of the city. Admire the Alfred Escher statue and listen as your guide details the life of this famous pioneer and politician.
Head up to Lindenhof, a tranquil oasis in the heart of the bustling city. Listen as your guide points out sites such as Grossmnster Church, ETH University (where Albert Einstein used to study), City Hall and the Limmat River, then descend the hill into Schipfe.
Learn more about Schipfe, one of Zurich's oldest quarters, and stop at St Peter Church, the oldest parish church in Zurich, which boasts the largest clock face in Europe. Admire the churchs 9th-century foundation walls and gain insight into the local luminaries laid to rest within, including the citys first mayor, Rudolf Brun.
Continue to the churches of Fraumnster and Grossmnster, two famous local landmarks in the Old Town. Marvel at the grand faade and twin towers of the Grossmnster church, and then take a stroll along Niederdorf, a pretty promenade with quaint boutiques and cafes tucked away down winding alleys.
Your tour concludes after two hours exploring Zurichs streets and landmarks.
Inclusions for Zurich Old Town Walking Tour
Exclusions for Zurich Old Town Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.