Barbados Trip Planner
Know Your Trip Budget for Your Dream Vacation to Barbados
How to plan a trip to
Amidst the Caribbean islands is this little Britain of the South. The alluring beaches and the beautiful skies are the obvious reasons that make Barbados one of the most popular tourist destinations. This exotic tropical island has a history of English and British colonialism and retains the marks of this rich heritage even today, gaining a perfect balance between the old and the new.
Barbados is a place where you can soak in the waters, bask in the sun and admire the Bajan hospitality and friendliness. It is a one-for-all place that can fit into anyone’s budget and yet will astonish you with its charm and picturesque nature.
You can never get enough of this place that has so many activities lined up for you, if at all you want to wake up from the peaceful nap at the beach.
Best time to visit:
- Wet season: June to November
- Dry season: December to May
- Barbados experiences heavy rainfall so the dry season is the best time to visit to have the most of the beach fun or otherwise.
How to get in and get around:
By Plane: Sir Grantley Adams International Airport has loads of international flights from UK, USA and Canada. The airport is 13 kilometres away from the Bridgepoint and there are mini buses as well as taxis to get you to the main city. Due to the amazing frequency of flights, planes are the best way to get to Barbados.
By Bus: Bus is the cheapest and readily available way of commutation in and around Barbados. There are also private buses that can take you to the popular destinations. Though the bus systems make take you only to the spots along the main road, they are easily available. The mini-buses and the private buses are crowded and cramped at times.
By Taxi: There are large numbers of taxis available that can take you anywhere comfortably. Although the taxis do not have meters, the negotiated price will be reasonable. You could enquire to the locals prior to getting in about the rate and you are less likely to be cheated.
By Driving: Though cars, mokes and bikes are available for rent, it is not advisable. The conditions for the roads, the traffic and the lack of signboards make it a difficult task.
What to see and what to do:
- The best scenic sights of Barbados are its beaches. Crane Beach, Ju Ju’s beach, Accra beach are the top choices of the tourists. You can have a perfect swim; take a sunbath or even camp with your family at more than 15 beaches in Barbados.
- The Careenage is a water body where you can hop onto a ride of a Yacht or for an boat excursion .
- The animal flower cave is a natural wonder at the island’s northern tip. Discovered in 1780, it has a coral floor ranging from 126,000 to 500,000 years old and is a geological marvel.
- The Harrison’s cave in Central Barbados is also one of the most popular tourist destination in Barbados having limestone cavern, complete with stalactites, stalagmites, subterranean streams, and a 40-foot waterfall. You can book a tour to this natural rare find and there are souvenir shops, restaurants and other facilities available to please your expedition.
- Barbados Military Cemetery, Gun Hill Signal tation and Morgan Lewis Sugar Mill are the places with historic significance of Barbados depicting the influence of British culture that you can visit.
- When in Barbados, you can visit the museums like Barbados Concorde Experience, the Barbados museum, the Folkestone Marine Park and Visitor Centre, the Sir Frank Hutson Sugar Museum, the St. Nicholas Abbey, the Sunbury plantation house and museum.
- The botanical garden of Barbados is a good place to visit to explore the rarest of rare fauna.
- Mount Gay Rum Distillery Ltd. is a local brewery where you can taste the exquisite variety of rums.
- There are a number of beach activities that can be done when you are vacationing at Barbados. This includes camping on the beach and a variety of water sports that you can venture. You can try out snorkelling, scuba diving, jet skiing sailing, windsurfing and kite surfing.
- You can visit the chalky mount village, a little village on the east coast where in you can tour the local potteries that are in business for almost 300 years and pick bowls, vases, candleholders and decorative objects from the artisans.
- You can watch an angelic sunset from one of the beaches in Barbados and admire the sky and its reflection on the deep blue sea.
- Being under the British influence, Barbados is a place where you can see and play the finest game of cricket. There are several local teams that you can catch playing and also the Bajan enthusiasm for cricket will cheer you up eve in lowest of your low!
- You can catch a cruise to visit all the beaches and some of the cruises will also provide you with the astonishing experience of scuba diving where in you can observe the wonderful under water life.
- Swim with the sea turtles! Yay! A unique experience offered by several catamarans that include the sailing tours where in you can stop to swim and snorkel with sea turtles.
How much does it cost to travel to Barbados
Plan your trip to Barbados with an estimated budget for your travel. The average daily cost of food in Barbados is USD 93.75 per person. For a family of four, the cost of eating out is USD 375. For accommodation, be ready to spend around USD 94 for a budget accommodation and USD 385 for a luxury hotel, per day, per person. For getting around Barbados, you will need a rough figure of USD 25 per day. For detailed Barbados trip cost calculator, use Barbados Trip Planner.
Average Price of a Luxury Trip in Barbados
Average Daily Cost* USD 667 Per Person
Cost for One Week USD 4669 Per Person
Cost for Two Weeks USD 9338 Per Person
Cost for One Month USD 20010 Per Person
Average Price of a Mid-Range Trip in Barbados
Average Daily Cost* USD 563 Per Person
Cost for One Week USD 3941 Per Person
Cost for Two Weeks USD 7882 Per Person
Cost for One Month USD 16890 Per Person
Average Price of a Budget Trip in Barbados
Average Daily Cost* USD 127 Per Person
Cost for One Week USD 889 Per Person
Cost for Two Weeks USD 1778 Per Person
Cost for One Month USD 3810 Per Person
*Based on Food, Accommodation & Transportation
How much will it cost once you're in Barbados
- 3-Course meal (mid-range) USD 37.5
- Fast food Combo meal USD 7.5
- Coffee (Cappuccino regular) USD 3.75
- Bottle of Water (1.5 L) USD 1.54
- Soft Drinks (Coke/Pepsi, 0.33 L) USD 1.63
- Domestic Beer (0.5 L) USD 1.47
- Budget Accommodation USD 94
- Luxury Accommodation USD 385
- Taxi Start (Standard Tariff) USD 5.5
- Taxi per km (Standard Tariff) USD 1.49
- One-way Ticket (Local Transit) USD 1
- Fuel (1 L) USD 1.26