Boston Trip Planner
The city of Boston, capital of Massachusetts, is a unique mix of urban city setting, country’s best colleges and universities, music, sports, outdoor activities shopping, and food. Fun things to do in Boston include: Visiting the Museum of Science, Watching a Red Sox Game, Driving around the Boston harbour, Shopping at high-end boutique stores, and visiting Harvard & MIT. Use TripHobo’s Boston trip planner to plan your trip to this big city that has a friendliness of a small town.
Add following attractions to Boston trip planner to create a perfect plan for your travel.
- New England Aquarium : 1 Central Wharf, Boston, MA 02110, United States
- Back Bay : Neighborhood in Boston, Massachusetts
- Newbury Street : Newbury St, Boston, MA, USA
- The Museum of Fine Arts : 465 Huntington Ave Boston, MA 02115, United States
- Fenway Park : 4 Yawkey Way Boston, MA 02215, United States
- Old State House : 206 Washington St, Boston, MA 02109, United States
- Boston Children’s Museum : 308 Congress Street, Boston, MA 02210
- Boston Public Library : 700 Boylston St, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
- Beacon Hill : Between Beacon St and Cambridge St, Beacon Hill, Boston, MA 02108
- Massachusetts State House : 24 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02133, United States
- Old North Church : 193 Salem St, Boston, MA 02113, United States
- Boston Common : Charles St, Boston, Massachusetts 02108, United States
How to use Boston trip planner?
The Boston trip planner is a travel tool that will help you plan your trip by selecting your transport options like flight or rail, choosing and instantly booking accommodation and tours, and managing your trip budget all at one place.
Perhaps the most important thing you need to decide while using the Boston trip planner is deciding your travel dates. You will also need to decide the trip duration that will help the Boston Planning Guide to work out a flawless plan for you. Once you have entered to start and end city along with the dates, the trip planner will suggest you a trip plan or will give you an option to customize your tour. TripHobo’s Transit planner will suggest you the best means to reach Boston and that may include a combination of various transportation options like flights, rail or road.
TripHobo’s Boston trip planner will also suggest you Airbnb and hotels in Boston and you can choose the best accommodation as per your needs. Moreover, this trip planner will also let you book hotel rooms instantly as you plan.
One unique feature about this itinerary planner is the budget trip calculator. The trip planner comes with an integrated budget calculator that helps you maintain all your trip costs in one place. You can add costs like accommodation, activities, shopping and food expenses and this budget tool will help you arrive at the final cost.
As you proceed with planning of your Boston trip, TripHobo’s attraction planner will help you add your favourite, must-visit points of interest in Boston using the trip planner’s drag and drop feature. Once you have added the attractions, the transit planner will suggest you the routes and the time taken to move from one attraction to another.
The Boston trip planner will also help you search and book tours as a part of your trip planning process. Search through a variety of sightseeing tours and choose the one that best fits your time and budget. Once you have completed your travel planning, you can share the entire trip plan along with the budget, flight and accommodation details with your group of travellers. Use the trip planner’s Group Planning feature to edit trips and chat with your group of friends.
Plan a Trip to Boston
Boston Trip Ideas – 3 days in Boston
Day 1 of Boston trip planner
New England Aquarium: One of the major attractions in Boston, the New England Aquarium has more than 70 aquatic exhibits and is a favourite among the children and adults alike.
Plan to stay: 2 Hours
Added 19.1K times in trip plans
Back Bay: Back bay is a neighbourhood in the city of Boston and is known for its rows of brown coloured Victorian style stone mansions that has best preserved the 19th century culture. Back Bay is filled with new high-rise buildings, restaurants and pubs.
Plan to stay: 1.5 Hours
Added 14.7K times in trip plans
Newbury Street: Newbury Street in Boston is an upscale shopping area in Boston. Situated in the Back Bay area of Boston, Newbury Street is filled with luxury stores, salons, boutiques, and fine dine restaurants.
Plan to stay: 45 Minutes
Added 12.9K times in trip plans
The Museum of Fine Arts: The Museum of Fine Arts is the fourth largest museum in the United States and showcases over 450,000 artefacts and works of art, paintings, sculpture.
Time to stay: 2 Hours
Added 39.9K times in trip plans
Ticket Price: 25 USD
Day 2 of Boston trip planner
Fenway Park: Fenway Park in Boston is a baseball court and home to Boston’s American League baseball team, Boston Red Sox. You can opt for guided walking tours at Fenway Park and shop for the team’s official merchandise. Make sure you catch a game and experience a true American baseball experience.
Plan to stay: 1:5 Hours
Added 50.2K times in trip plans
Old State House: Old State House is a museum in the city of Boston. The museum aims at studying and preserving Boston’s rich history. In addition to this, the Old State House building is the oldest surviving public building in the city of Boston.
Plan to stay: 1.5 Hours
Added 3.6K times in trip plans
Boston Children’s Museum: Boston Children's Museum is dedicated to the education of children by means for amusement and entertainment. The museum has over 50,000 exhibits from all around the world. Also located in the museum campus is the famous Hood Milk Bottle that is both an ice cream stand and a snack bar.
Plan to stay: 1 hour
Added 3.1K times in trip plans
Boston Public Library: Boston Public Library is a municipal library system in the city of Boston. The library is well-organised and has a great selection and collection of books and other reading material. The library also has a small café that serves pastries and coffee.
Plan to stay: 1 Hour
Added 26.1K times in trip plans
Day 3 of Boston trip planner
Beacon Hill: Beacon Hill is a historic and residential neighbourhood in Boston that is lined with brick town home and tree-lined cobblestone streets. Beacon Hill preserves the city’s exclusive history, its wealth and the First Families of Boston.
Plan to stay: 3 Hours
Added 19.1K times in trip plans
Massachusetts State House: Massachusetts State House is the state capitol and the seat of government of the state of Massachusetts. One of Boston’s most recognizable buildings, the Massachusetts State House is a symbol of history, culture and treasures of the state of Massachusetts.
Plan to stay: 45 Minutes
Added 13.7K times in trip plans
Old North Church: Old North Church is a church located towards the north end of the city of Boston. This church is the most visited historical sites and the oldest surviving church building in Boston. The church has a 191-foot-tall steeple which makes it the tallest church in Boston.
Plan to stay: 1 Hour
Added 18.8K times in trip plans
Boston Common: Boston Common is the oldest public park in America with more than 350 years of the most extraordinary history. This park has earlier used as military meeting place and training ground. Today, the Boston Common features many sculptures and monuments along with ponds and great landscapes.
Plan to stay: 2 Hours
Added 9K times in trip plans
Waterfront: Overlooking the Boston Harbour is the Boston Waterfront which includes pedestrian- and bike-friendly pathways. Attractions include museums, aquarium, parks, arboretum and walking trails.
Plan your Boston Road Trip
Boston has many towns/cities around it that would make up for a great regional road trips. Take control of the wheel and explore some of New England’s best destinations. Some of the places you can visit on your Boston road trip are:
Acadia National Park: Located at a six hours’ drive from Boston, visit Acadia National Park for its spectacular scenic landscapes. Acadia National Park lies off the coast of Atlantic Ocean and has many campgrounds where you can set up your picnic. Attractions in Acadia National Park include Cadillac Mountain, the highest point on the East Coast, glacier covered peaks, rocky beaches, scenic drive ways and trails. Activities in Acadia National Park include: Bicycling, Fishing, Bird-watching, Swimming, Hiking and Boating.
Mount Washington: If you are looking for some adventure and snow, head out to Mount Washington a peak in New Hampshire. Located at a four hours’ drive from Boston, visit Mount Washington which is the most prominent mountain along the Mississippi River. Things to do at Mount Washington include: climbing up the summit, or driving around to reach the top or enjoy the views by taking a cog railways ride.
Newport: Visit the Newport mansions and be mesmerised by the magnificence of the old summer cottages. Situated in the state of Rhode Island, Newport is a two hours’ drive from Boston. Other things to do in Newport include walking along the Newport Cliff Walk, and heading to the downtown to soak in some culture along with enjoying some great local food and drinks.
Salem: Plan your trip to Salem using TripHobo’s trip planner and explore the many things that the city has to offer. Attractions in Salem include Bewitched Statue, Bakers Island Lighthouse, Broad Street Cemetery, Frankenstein’s Castle, Gallows Hill and many more. Other things to do in Salem include outdoor activities, entertainment, festivals & events, shopping and food.
Niagara Falls: Niagara Falls are located on the United States – Canada international border and offer stunning views of the cascading waterfalls. A trip to Niagara Falls is a must for anyone visiting the United States. The three waterfalls at this site are the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls.
Cape Cod: Cape Cod is a cape in Massachusetts overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Use TripHobo’s trip planner to plan your trip to Cape Cod which has a coastline that offers many quaint harbours, breezy beaches, blinking lighthouses along with many shacks, restaurants and cafes that offer great food and drinks.
Other Essential Trip Planning Tools
Orlando Trip Planner: Visit Orlando, a prefect family vacation destination that offers more than a dozen theme parks while the most visited on being Disney World. Orlando attraction include aquatic parks, luxurious outdoors and world-class hotels.
Miami Trip Planner: Plan a trip to Miami, a city most famous for its beaches and nightlife. Miami is a laid-back tourist scenes where you will most visitors enjoying the beach activities like sun-bathing, or a swim or just sit by in one of its cafes reading a book and catching up with friends.
Philadelphia Trip Planner: Philadelphia vacations include you indulging in the city’s historical, cultural, culinary, artistic and ethnic scenes. Things to do in Philadelphia include: history and architecture, museums, shopping, performing arts, food & drinks and nightlife.
New York Trip Planner: Visit New York City, also called the Big Apple and get a chance to explore one of the most favourites cities around the world. New York holidays include many historical buildings, memorials, museums, parks, bridges, shopping, nightlife and much more.
Baltimore Trip Planner: Baltimore city has a lovely vibe to it and the city will leave you mesmerised. Visit Baltimore and explore its world famous harbours, celebrated museums and many attractions along with lovely local music, food and dance.
Also check: USA Trip Planner
Boston Trip Planning Tool & Tips
Everything you need to know before planning a trip to Boston
- Visit Boston, a four-season destination. Here the summers are bright and sunny, the winters are charming and cool. '
- Contact local tourist offices to get details regarding seasonal events and discount passes.
- Most washrooms are found at train stations, visitor centres, and marketplaces.
- Most hotels in the downtown region offer free Wi-Fi.
- Standard hours of operations at most sites and attractions is 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Many museums offer four-season destination to all children, students, and senior citizens.
- It is best to keep your valuables at the hotel safe.
- Standard gratuity at most restaurants is 15% to 20% of your bill while the taxi drivers should be tipped 10%–15% of the fare and hotel porters $1–$2 per bag.
- Visa: Once you have planned your Boston vacation, the next step is to start the process of obtaining a visa. Most of the non-U.S. citizens need a visa to enter the United States. The procedure and time taken to obtain a valid US visa differs from country to country. Usually, a person is required to visit the US Embassy/Consulate with a filled application form and all the necessary supporting documents to appear in front of the Consular officer who will ask you a few basic questions before deciding if you are fit to travel to the United States.
- Get Tickets: The city of Boston has many attractions like historic buildings, neighbourhoods, museums, and parks. Almost all of these sites have entry tickets which can add up to your trip budget.
- Boston offers many tourist passes which offer great discounts to most of the attractions. Depending on the attractions you plan to visit and the number of days you have at hand, choose from Boston CityPass, Go Boston Card, and Go Boston Pass. Some of these passes also offer express entry so that you can avoid standing in long queues. Visit the Boston tourist information centre to decide which pass is right for you or you can also buy them online.
(Other) Top Attractions in and around Boston:
- Freedom Trail: A historic walking trail that offers many guided tours
- Boston Public Garden: This park is famous for its historic Swan boats
- North End: A historic and legendary neighbourhood of Boston
- John F. Kennedy Presidential Museum & Library: A museum dedicated to John F. Kennedy, 35th president of the United States.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University: Ivy League institution which are also two of the world's most prestigious universities
Plan Day Trips
Boston lies in the New England territory which comprises of states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Situated on the west coast of the United States, on the coast of Atlantic Ocean, New England tourism offers scenic drives, family gateways, luxury & romance holidays, marine-time adventures, city breaks and road trips. Plan your trip to Boston using TripHobo’s Boston trip planner and add multiple cities to your plan to enjoy day trip from Boston.
Visit Connecticut for shoreline, spas, fine-dining and food trails. A day trip to Maine will give you a chance to visit many of its lighthouses, beaches, breweries, wineries and distilleries. New Hampshire trips include visiting mountains and region’s best skiing and hiking trails. Visit Rhode Island and enjoy its beaches and outdoor activities. A trip to Vermont will take you among the lakes where you can enjoy day cruises and delicious maple treats.
The Boston nightlife scenes are one of the best in the country and is a diverse mix of lively dance clubs to sports bars to high-end wine bars to casual and friendly lounges. Most of the parties start at around 11 PM and go on till 2 AM. While not all bars serve all night, some of the restaurants in the Chinatown area are open till the wee hours where you can grab a bite with your after club crowd.