Brisbane Journey Planner
Brisbane is the ultimate city to visit in Australia with perfect blend of art, culture, nightlife, countrysides, shopping and wine and dine. Use TripHobo Brisbane journey planner to plan your route when you travel to this beautiful city in Australia. Map your route from attraction to attraction with distance and by knowing travel time.
Quick Tip: One of the best way to travel within Brisbane is to opt for public transport. Travel hassle-free in Brisbane with a TransLink go card. Top up your TransLink go card and travel without worrying about anything via bus, rail or ferry. Ferries popular as CityCats will take you through some of the prime sightseeing spots. Buses in Brisbane are very well connected within the city and in the neighbourhood. Train is again a good choice of public transport especially if you include outer suburbs in your trip plan.
Plan Your Journey To Brisbane
Step-by-step guide to plan your journey in Brisbane. Get driving directions, walking directions to ease traveling between two attractions.
Day 1 of Brisbane trip planner
Sightseeing through Brisbane’s most popular attractions
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: Wildlife Sanctuary , Family And Kids, must visit
Added 12450 times in Brisbane journey planner.
Address: Jesmond Rd | Fig Tree Pocket, Brisbane, Queensland 4069, Australia
Ticket Price: 33 AUD
Christopher Bignell reviews Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary as “Fantastic staff. Animals were amazing. It is a great fun day for the whole family. I would recommend it to all my friends who visit Australia.”
South Bank Parklands: Park, Play Ground, Entertainment, Leisure
Added 13402 times in Brisbane journey planner.
Address: Grey St. south of Melbourne St., Brisbane, QLD 4101
Karsten Lehn reviews South Bank Parklands as “A great place to relax by the river. Grab a seat, or some grass, and watch the world go by. Plenty of eateries, or catch the markets on a Friday night for some casual dining.”
Wheel of Brisbane: Amusement Park, Landmark, Theme Park, Family and kids
Added 12569 times in Brisbane journey planner.
Address: Russel Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
JimJam reviews Wheel of Brisbane as “Great for kids I've been on it a few times it's friends who were from out of town. A little boring for adults but my little cousins loved it. The staff are fantastic and the views are awesome.”
Queensland Museum: Art And Culture, Educational Site, Museum
Added 11464 times in Brisbane journey planner.
Address: Melbourne St, Rocklea QLD 4106, Australia
Daniel Whyte reviews Queensland Museum as “Great day out for the family. The museum is free with lots of attractions that will cater for everyone's interests. The science center is definitely worth the admission. The kids are learning while interacting with exhibits. There is also some fun things for the parents to do also.”
City Botanic Gardens: Botanical Garden, Walking Area
Added 9260 times in Brisbane journey planner.
Address: Mt. Coot-tha Road,Toowong, Brisbane,Queensland 4066, Australia
Anna Byrd reviews City Botanic Gardens as “Beautiful gardens beside the river in the middle of the city. Lovely spot for a picnic. Well maintained. Great for people-watching. Good kids' playground that includes a disability swing and a wheelchair roundabout.”
Day 2 of Brisbane trip planner
Designed for travelers interested in history and museums
Parliament House: Architecture , Heritage Building
Added 13352 times in Brisbane journey planner.
Address: George St, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia
Treasury Building: Casino, Entertainment
Added 7848 times in Brisbane journey planner.
Address: 130 William St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Museum of Brisbane: Museum, Family And Kids, Sculpture
Added 8943 times in Brisbane journey planner.
Address: Lvl 3, City Hall, Brisbane City
Lily Sallaway reviews “The Museum of Brisbane is a beautiful place to visit within Brisbane, its old world charm and excellent exhibits make it a great place to go to of a Sunday when looking for something to do.”
Brisbane City Hall: Added 54 times in Brisbane journey
Address: 64 Adelaide St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Godfrey Gao reviews Brisbane City Hall as “Very historical place. Beautiful view and very strong Christmas atmosphere here right now. Lots of people, worthwhile visiting.”
Best Day Trips from Brisbane
- Mt Warning: Hike on the cosy mountain and explore natural bridge, Springbrook national park and pay a visit to farmers market.
- Tangalooma: It’s a perfect family destination. Take a cruise to reach Tangalooma Island and experience entire new world.
- Rainbow Beach: A perfect sunset await here at Rainbow beach. A day out to get into the waters!
Travelers who planned their journey for Brisbane also looked for
- Melbourne: Plan a journey to Melbourne to see victorian-era architecture, galleries and large parks.
- Sydney: Plan a trip to Sydney to see the most beautiful and cosmopolitan cities of Australia.
- Gold Coast: With more than 30 beaches and unlimited water activities to do, a journey to Gold Coast is must in your Australian trip.
If you have more than a week, extend your trip to visit Cairns and Adelaide.
Brisbane Trip Planner Tool and Tips
- Transportation: Save upto 30% on the transportation cost by carrying a pre-paid Go Card from TransLink - a public transport operator.
- Arriving in Brisbane: If you are arriving in Brisbane by flight, then it is recommended to take a airtrain that connects to city center.
- Visa for Brisbane: Anyone traveling to Australia need a visa in advance of travel except from citizens of New Zealand.
- Weather: Carry a hat and sunscreen lotion. The days are generally filled with sunshine throughout the year.
- Best time to visit Brisbane: Spring (October – December)
- Booze in Brisbane: Buy a cheap box of wine and get buzzed, and save a lot of money.
- A Road Trip: If you are taking road-trip from Cairns to Brisbane, be sure to have more than 3 days time for your trip.
- Currency: The currency in Australia is Australian Dollar.
- Credit Cards: Most of the restaurants, hotels and shops will entertain credit cards.
Need Brisbane Journey Plan On Your Device?
Download TripHobo app ‘Trip Plans’ for trip planning on your iOS and Android devices. Use it to track your day and journey or use it to optimize it your trip plan while you are traveling in Brisbane.