Cairns Trip Planner
Cairns is often referred to as gateway to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and has many beautiful natural surrounding and rainforests. Plan a trip to Cairns to see some great architecture, along with happening food scenes.
Plan a trip to Cairns
TripHobo’s Cairns trip planner will help you plan your next trip to Cairns at a click of a button.
How many days to spend in Cairns: Finalize your travel dates and your trip duration and the transit planner will suggest you best of flights, trains, buses and self-drive car options. Depending on your trip budget, choose from many transportation options to reach Cairns.
What to include in Cairns travel plan to see: Cairns is a touristy city and has many attractions. TripHobo recommends visiting the following site when you travel to Cairns:
- Great Barrier Reef
- Daintree Rainforest
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Paronella Park
- Barron Gorge National Park
- Cairns Tropical Zoo
Use the attraction planner’s drag and drop feature to easily add attractions to your itinerary. What’s more? The Cairns trip planner also lets you book your tours instantly.
Booking accommodation in Cairns
Being a tourist friendly destination, Cairns has a wide range of accommodation options. Choose from many Airbnb’s, budget hotels, affordable hotels and luxury hotels and book them instantly.
Going on a budget to Cairns?
Our Cairns travel planner comes with a unique integrated tool called the budget calculator. This trip cost calculator manages all your trip expenditure at one place helping you keep check on your subsequent spending.
Planning a trip to Cairns with your gang?
Get your travel buddies together and plan your next trip to Cairns using the Cairns group trip planner. This group planning tool helps you create a group of your friends where you can share you travel ideas.
Planning A Self Drive Holiday To Cairns
Plan a trip and get an approximate budget of your entire vacation. TripHobo provides a unique trip planning platform that enables your to plan you trip in few minutes. Let the pros do it, stop worrying about the hassle of trip planning. Excel sheets are passe. You need a smart tool to chalk out your next vacation.
Beginners Guide To Plan Daywise Trip Plan using Cairns Trip Planner
Day 1 Suggested by Cairns Trip Planner
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: Rainforest, transport
The cable car will take you above the forest and will descend into the canopy layers and enter into the heart of the forest.
Added 15596 times by travelers planning a trip to Cairns.
Address: Cnr Cairns Western Aerial Rd & Captain Cook Hwy, Smithfield, Queensland 4878, Australia
Kuranda Rainforest Nature Park: Rainforest, wildlife, family and kids
Discover this Australia’s World Heritage-listed tropical forest. One of the best attractions of Cairns with well-populated animals.
Added 5145 times by travelers planning a trip to Cairns.
Address: Kennedy Hwy, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia
Kuranda Scenic Railway: Mountain, must see, nature
The Kuranda railway line is only used to take tourists to and from Cairns.
Added 12826 times by travelers planning a trip to cairns.
Address: Cairns Railway Station, Bunda St., CBD, Cairns, QLD 4870
Day 2 Suggested by Cairns Trip Planner
Take a day trip to Great Barrier Reef: Underwater, watersports, marine, adventure
The world’s richest ecosystem thrives within this gift of nature. A perfect place to dive, snorkel or fly over! Spend at-least a day admiring the life underwater.
Added 11067 times by travelers planning a trip to Cairns.
Address: Queensland, Australia
Cairns Day Trips & Neighbourhood
Daintree Rainforest National Park: Added 5025 times in trip plans
Address: Suite 101, 27-29 Wharf St, Cairns, QLD, 4870, Australia
Located at 100 kilometres from Cairns, Daintree Rainforest has vast areas of tropical forests. This national park has a very high concentration of various plant and animal species.
Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park: Added 9975 times in trip plans
Address: Cairns Western Arterial Rd. (next to Skyrail terminal), Cavaronica, Cairns, QLD 4878
Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park is an indigenous cultural centre with vibrant music, dance, legends and food that showcases the life of this Australian tribe.
Also called The Tablelands, the Atherton Tablelands region is a mix of rainforest, wetlands and savanna. This natural vast land contains numerous species of animals and birds.
Port Douglas is located on the coast of Coral Sea and is known for its beach resorts. Many people visit Port Douglas due to its proximity to the Great Barrier Reef.
Travelers Who Visited Cairns Also Planned Trips To
- Sydney: Plan your journey to using trip planner Sydney to visit Opera house, Bondi beach and surfing. Sydney is a popular destination and has many beautiful waterfronts, restaurants, and shopping areas.
- Melbourne: Add Museums and Parks to your Melbourne trip planner to explore the city to the fullest. Some of the most famous attractions in Melbourne are Federation Square, Royal Botanic Gardens and Yarra Riverfront.
- Adelaide: When you plan a trip to Adelaide, make a quick visit to 19th century food market. Adelaide is blend of natural and manmade attractions like surrounding mountains and many museums.
- Gold Coast: Go surfing. Visit theme parks. A trip to Gold Coast is full of fun and adventure! Some of the favourite tourist activities include surfing, swimming and scuba-diving.
Cairns Trip Planning Tips For First Time Visitors
- Save money while travelling within Cairns. Many hotels offer free shuttle bus services to the city centre.
- Always check for UV index before heading out in the ocean.
- Pack a sunscreen, hat and beachwear.
- If going scuba-diving or snorkelling, always read the instructions carefully.
- Australia is expensive. If you are traveling on budget, try eating at local food market.
- Weather is quite unpredictable though Cairns enjoys a tropical climate throughout the year
- Tipping is a norm in Cairns. Bills are normally rounded up to the nearest zero.
Visa for Cairns:
Nationals of all foreign countries planning to visit Australia are required to hold a valid entry permit before arriving in Australia. The visa application process differs according to your country of residence but usually all visa applicants are required to visit the nearest Consulate/Embassy with all the necessary documentation along with a duly filled visa application form. The visa granting takes up to 7 working days.