Orlando Trip Planner
Orlando is a once-in-a-lifetime, must have experience for children and grown-ups alike. With its many theme parks, marine attractions, lakes and magnificent escapes, Orlando will never fail to surprise you. Use TripHobo’s Orlando trip planner to plan your hassle-free holiday to this Theme Park Capital of the World.
How to Plan a Trip to Orlando
Use the TripHobo’s Orlando trip planner to plan your perfect holiday trip to Orlando. This trip planner will help you generate an itinerary that will suit your needs.
Travel Dates and Transport: Enter you start city in “From” and your destination city in “To” and let the transit planner come with the best way for you to reach Orlando. Choose from various options like flights, trains or self-drive cars. The Orlando trip planner will also suggest you options to move around the city from one attraction to another, best way to reach the nearest bus stop, different routes, and rail and bus schedule. The Orlando trip planner will also suggest you user-generated itineraries created by TripHobo’s users from around the globe or you can choose to work out your own itinerary.
Planning where to go and what to see: Use Orlando attraction planner to add activities, attractions and tours to your trip plan. This tool will also let you choose from instantly book the Orlando tours. Some of the must visit places in Orlando are: Universal Studios Florida, Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Universal's Islands of Adventure, Discovery Cove, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, SeaWorld Orlando, Epcot Centre, Fun Spot America, Aquatica Orlando, and CoCo Key Water Resort.
Making prior boookings for accommodation and activities: Orlando has many hotel to choose from whether to plan to stay at the city centre, or inside a theme park or opting for an Airbnb. Select and book your Orlando hotels instantly using the Orlando travel planner. Once you have booked your hotels, browse through many of Orlando’s attractions and add them to your trip plan using the transit planner’s ‘drag & drop’ feature.
Highlights of Orlando Trip Planner
- Trip budget planner: The Orlando trip planner comes with a unique integrated tool that lets you keep check on your trip budget at one place. You need not maintain a diary or an excel sheet that manages your expenditure. As you proceed with planning your Orlando trip, the budget calculator will keep adding the costs of your flights, hotel and tours to the budget planner. You can also add miscellaneous costs to this budget calculator that will determine your total tour cost.
- Group planning: Invite your friends and travel buddies to plan your Orlando trip with you. You can chat, share ideas and create a perfect trip for yourself using the Orlando trip planner’s group planning feature.
Plan a Trip to Orlando
Universal Studios trip planner - Spending 2 days at theme park
Universal Studios Orlando is one of the most loved and visited attraction in Orlando. Personalize your trip using the Universal Studios trip planner and choose from various activities and attractions. Depending in your interests, choose from various themes like thrill rides, movie rides, live music, character parades, shows and much more. You can even plan your stay within the park as it has many budget to luxury hotels to choose from. Whether you are planning a one day visit or a multi-day visit, the Universal Studios has various day passes to choose from.
Plan a trip to theme parks in Orlando
Orlando is a complete family destination that will cater to needs of every traveller. Apart from the famous Universal Studios, there are a few more theme parks in Orlando that you can choose from like:
- Fun Spot America Theme Parks – Orlando – Roller coasters, arcade games and kiddie rides
- SeaWorld Orlando – Aquariums and thrill rides
- Discovery Cove – All-inclusive park with marine animal and bird interactions
- Universal’s Island of Adventure – Extreme thrill rides
Planning a trip to Orlando on a budget
Use TripHobo’s budget calculator to manage your expenditure if you are planning to travel on budget. Keep track of your tour costs, hotel cost and other transportation costs using this trip cost calculator.
Apart from visiting various theme parks, there are many pocket-friendly things you can do in Orlando. Choose from below activities/attractions if visiting Orlando on budget.
- Black Hammock Adventures – Located at a lakefront, get up close and personal with Florida’s wildlife
- Winter Park Farmers Market – Stroll through the market and enjoy freshy-pressed fruit juices, and purchase some local produce
- Lake Eola Park – Located in downtown Orlando, explore this park and its shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Town of Celebration – Enjoy the city’s beautiful, colourful buildings and many international themed restaurants.
Plan Orlando Day Trips
Plan your day out and visit these places near Orlando as a part of your Orlando day trips:
- Kennedy Space Centre Visitor Complex: A visitor centre at NASA's Kennedy Space Centre
- Blue Springs State Park: A park famous for scuba diving, kayaking and canoeing.
- Mount Dora: A city in Florida famous for its historic buildings, downtown and history museums.
- Crystal River Wildlife Refuge: Located in the Florida’s Gulf Coast, this reserve is made up of 20 islands
- St. Augustine: A city in Florida known for its Spanish colonial architecture and beautiful beaches.
Neighbourhood cities to visit
- Kissimmee: Kissimmee lies on the shores of Lake Toho and is famous for beautiful walking paths and piers. Plan your trip to Kissimmee and enjoy a laid-back vacation with your family & friends.
- St Petersburg: Plan your trip to St. Petersburg in Florida, also called the Sunshine City due to its pleasant and sunny weather. Activities in St. Petersburg include visiting beaches, fishing, boating and golfing.
- Tampa: Tampa Bay is situated along Florida’s Gulf Coast and is a major business and cultural hub. Plan your visit to Tampa and stroll through its sun-kissed, historic neighbourhoods.
- Fort Myers: Fort Myers is a commercial centre of Lee County in Florida. Plan your visit to Fort Myers and enjoy its beaches, fishing activities and shopping.
- Miami: Plan your visit to Miami, the party capital of Florida. Miami has stunning beach and a very vibrant nightlife.
Other Essential Trip Planning Tools
- Fort Lauderdale: Fort Lauderdale in Florida is known for its beaches and boating activities. Plan a trip to Fort Lauderdale and enjoy its upscale restaurants, boutique stores and luxurious hotels.
- Jacksonville: Visit Jacksonville, a city located in Florida on the coast of Atlantic Ocean. Jacksonville has many islands beaches which makes swimming and surfing a popular activity here. There are also several museums and cultural centres.
- New Orleans: Located along the banks of River Mississippi, New Orleans is famous for its around-the-clock nightlife. Plan a trip to New Orleans and enjoy the very best of live music and its European influenced cuisine.
- New York City: Plan a trip to New York City, America’s commercial, cultural and financial hub and be mesmerized by the sheer magnificence. New York has many sky-scrappers, iconic landmarks, museums, libraries and public parks.
- Philadelphia: Philadelphia, or Philly is a city in Pennsylvania. The city has a perfect blend of glamour of a big city and a charm of a small town. Plan a trip to Philadelphia and visit many of its iconic sites, museums and art galleries.
- Myrtle beach: Plan a trip to Myrtle Beach which is located off the coast of Atlantic Ocean and enjoy its beaches, arcades and beautiful golf courses.
Orlando Trip Planning Tool
- Most of the Orlando’s theme parks are situated with a 25 kilometre radius from the city.
- If you are planning to enjoy a meal with your favourite Disney characters, make sure you make the reservations in advance.
- You can purchase your park tickets in advance on the internet.
- Tipping is customary in Orlando. Calculate the tip amount by doubling the taxes or simply by adding 20% of the bill amount.
- Most of the outdoor rides may not be operational due to bad weather conditions.
- Kindly check age, height, weight restrictions before sitting in any ride.
- Get Tickets: Orlando is famous for its theme parks. Almost all of these theme parks will let you book the tickets in advance. This will help you avoid long queues once you reach there. Purchasing tickets online and in advance will also make you eligible for many attractive discounts. You can also opt for single day or multiple day passes that gives you an access to most of the park’s attractions.
- Orlando shopping and nightlife: Head out to park Avenue to enjoy some shopping. This street is lined with boutique stores and many cafes. If you want to shop for some antiques, visit the Orange Avenue near downtown Orlando. Orlando has many high-end clubs and bars along the park Avenue where you can head out for some drinking and dancing.
Before entering the United States, you will need to possess a valid US visa. United States does not offer a visa on arrival and everyone visiting US must possess a valid visa. You will need to fill up a non-immigrant visa application commonly known as DS-160 followed by an interview with the consular officer. It usually takes 4-6 working days for you to receive your US visa.