Wat Tham SuaCurrently Open
- Address: The Tiger cave temple, 20 kms to the south of town centre, Kanchanaburi, Thailand
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Observatory, Statue, Family And Kids, Monastery , Nature
This is a hilltop monastery. It is also called ‘The Tiger Cave Temple’. The temple is about 14 kilometres south of Kanchanaburi town centre. You have to climb more than a 100 steps to reach the temple. But the spectacular view of the scenery from the top is definitely worth it. For as far as you can see, there are just beautiful lush green paddy fields in sight. The temple itself is huge and interesting. If you want to spend some spiritual time, this is the best place around.
- The big Buddha statue- covered with Gold Mosaic.
- The Chedi- a 69m high shell-like structure that protects the statue.
- The staircase to the top of the temple- wonderful arrangements of many Buddha Statues, on the way up.
- Footsteps of Buddha
- The ancient Pond
- Wat Tham Khao- the adjacent monastery
Wat Tham Sua Travel Tips
- Avoid going on a foggy day.
- If you don’t feel like walking all the way, you can use the cable car service.
Entrance Ticket Details For Wat Tham Sua
- Cable Car- THB 10
Wat Tham Sua Hours
Cable Car Timings
- Monday to Friday- 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday- 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
How to Reach Wat Tham Sua
- Bus: Kanchanaburi to Ratchaburi (Every 20 minutes, THB 10)
- From Tha Meuang Hospital, hire a motorbike taxi (THB 40)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kanchanaburi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kanchanaburi and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.93% of people who visit Kanchanaburi include Wat Tham Sua in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
55.56% of people start their Wat Tham Sua visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wat Tham Sua
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Tham Sua