Waikiki AquariumCurrently Closed
- Address: 2777 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, United States, 96815
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8089239741
- Fax: +1-8089231771
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 00:40 Mins
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
Waikiki Aquarium - Review
Unveil the depths of the sea at the Waikiki Aquarium- a refuge to colorful fishes, marine reptiles and other sea creatures. The massive collection of Corals, that is a star attraction here- offers a surreal experience.
The aquarium is also home to colorful fishes including Angelfishes, Butterfly fishes, Goatfishes, Moorish Ideal and Parrotfish among many others. Seeing the Hawaiian Green Sea-Turtles is a unique experience in itself.
When here, do stop by to say hello to the Hawaiian Monk Seal- another of the popular attractions in the aquarium.
Waikiki Aquarium Ticket Prices
- Adult age 13 to 64: USD 12
- Junior ages 4 to 12 (Must be accompanied by an adult): USD 5
- Children age 3 and under: Free
- Kama‘aina age 13 to 64 with current I.D: USD 8
- Senior age 65+, Persons with disabilities: USD 5
- Active Duty Military with current I.D: USD 8
- FOWA members with current I.D: Free
Waikiki Aquarium Hours
- General Hours: Open daily: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm (facility closes at 5:00 pm).
- Special Hours: Thanksgiving Day: 9:00 am to 2:30 pm (facility closes early at 3:00 pm).
- New Year's Day: 11:00 am to 4:30 pm (facility opens late morning and closes at 5:00 pm).
- Closed on Honolulu Marathon Day.
How To reach Waikiki Aquarium by Public Transport
- By Bus: Kalakaua Ave + Waikiki Aquarium
- By Taxi
- By hiring a local Cab
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Waikiki Aquarium
17.13% of people who visit Honolulu include Waikiki Aquarium in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
38.02% of people start their Waikiki Aquarium visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Waikiki Aquarium
92.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Waikiki Aquarium
Waikiki Aquarium Trips
Waikiki Aquarium, Honolulu Reviews
Not very big but packed with awesome, colorful fish and coral. Great cephalopod collection too. I really enjoyed it, easily covered in an hour but as other posters said the AC is nice to hang out in too.
Small aquarium by the beach. Part of the exhibit area was closed off for construction. Staff are friendly. There is a variety of marine life displayed here for patrons to enjoy. A nice visit but I just wish there was more there for the money.
Cute aquarium, small considering its surrounded by water. Staff is super friendly, parking is tough, you may find a spot at the aquarium, otherwise its a long walk. Their monk seal was not there.
Perfect family's with small children. All exhibits are at a height that the kids can see without your help. You can see the whike thing in about an hour which is convenient for my 2 year old. Very reasonable priced for military. Non military is like 12 bucks so that's kinda pricey but not bad for Waikiki. All in all was a fun experience. Would go again
My wife and kids loved this place. A must go. We all have different favorites from our visit.