Waikiki Aquarium, Honolulu
About Waikiki Aquarium, Honolulu
Waikiki Aquarium, Honolulu - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 2777 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, United States
Ticket Price: 12 USD
Time Required: 00:40 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6.7K times in trip plans
Aquarium, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Unveil the depths of the sea at the Waikiki Aquarium- a refuge to colorful fishes, marine reptiles and other sea creatures. The massive collection of Corals, that is a star attraction here- offers a surreal experience.
The aquarium is also home to colorful fishes including Angelfishes, Butterfly fishes, Goatfishes, Moorish Ideal and Parrotfish among many others. Seeing the Hawaiian Green Sea-Turtles is a unique experience in itself.
When here, do stop by to say hello to the Hawaiian Monk Seal- another of the popular attractions in the aquarium.
Waikiki Aquarium Ticket Prices
- Adult age 13 to 64: USD 12
- Junior ages 4 to 12 (Must be accompanied by an adult): USD 5
- Children age 3 and under: Free
- Kama‘aina age 13 to 64 with current I.D: USD 8
- Senior age 65+, Persons with disabilities: USD 5
- Active Duty Military with current I.D: USD 8
- FOWA members with current I.D: Free
Waikiki Aquarium Opening and Closing Hours
- General Hours: Open daily: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm (facility closes at 5:00 pm).
- Special Hours: Thanksgiving Day: 9:00 am to 2:30 pm (facility closes early at 3:00 pm).
- New Year's Day: 11:00 am to 4:30 pm (facility opens late morning and closes at 5:00 pm).
- Closed on Honolulu Marathon Day.
How To reach Waikiki Aquarium by Public Transport
- By Bus: Kalakaua Ave + Waikiki Aquarium
- By Taxi
- By hiring a local Cab
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Honolulu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Honolulu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Waikiki Aquarium, Honolulu Reviews - Write a Review
Great price. Extremely informative audio tour and very well cared for animals. Bring a tripod if you want clear pics of animals in dark environments. Took about 2 hours to go though with the audio tour.
Staff was polite. The aquarium is small, but there is a nice variety of tropical fish. Overall great experience.
Sadly I've been to a better aquarium in Arizona with no water nearby. One sea lion, small shark, some jelly fish, a few large fish that are plain, and lots of small fish you find at any fish store. Save $12 per person and do a different attraction. I expected way more being in Hawaii.
Small, but for a reasonable price. Quite a few cool specimens here. I spent a few hours there and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The aquarium looks too small to house much, but this is deceiving! Many beautiful galleries of coral, unusual marine critters, ethereal jellyfish, and even a Giant Clam. Lovely outdoor exhibits, too. The knowledgeable guides make for informative tours. A must see for ocean lovers.
- Nearby Attractions
- Waimea Falls
- Kapiolani Park Beach
- Ala Moana
- Kahala Resort
- Waikīkī Beach
- Laniakea Beach
- The Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum
- 117 Nawiliwili St
- Aloha Tower Marketplace: Honolulu Nail Bar Llc
- Honolulu Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Honolulu
- What to See in 48 Hours in Honolulu
- What to See in 72 Hours in Honolulu
- How to Spend 5 Days in Honolulu
- How to Spend 6 Days in Honolulu
- How to Spend 7 Days in Honolulu