Shexian CountyCurrently Open
- Address: Huangshan, Anhui Province, China
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Temple, Village, Bridge, Memorial, Family And Kids, Architecture , Neighborhoods
An adorable settlement at the foot of Yellow Mountain (Huangshan Mountain), Shexian County also known as Town of Arches, is a cultural and historical hotpot. Lush green mountains, transparent waters and mind-blowing cultural relics, residences, temples and arches make Shexian County a must-visit.
Surrounded by green mountains and crystal water, it is rich in cultural relics, residences, memorial temples, and memorial arches. It is an art museum of classical architecture.
The architecture of lanes, towers, bridges and wells is an amalgamation of styles from Ming and Wing dynasties and the ancestral temples, residential houses and town of arches are considered as embodiment of Chinese architecture. It is fondly names as “A naturally formed classical architectural Arts museum” Home to Hui culture, a native of many Chinese scholars and artists; Shexian County has many attractions within the area worth a visit:
Attractions within the area:
- Xu Guo Gate is a memorial established for Xu Guo, a Grand Secretary during the Ming Dynasty.
- City Wall
- Tanyue Gates
- Xin'anjiang (Xin'an) River is the major river system of She County.
- Yuliang Dam is on the Lianjian River, a tributary of the Xin'an River.
- Ancient streets like Doushan Street, Zhongshan Lane and Dabei Street and ancient villages.
- Wells like Hama (Toad) Well, Yinggong Well and Dagu Well.
- 16-Ming Qing arches
Shexian County Travel Tips
- Guided tours are available.
- When visiting Shexian/ She county, do visit any of the tea rooms and taste the specialities of Huangshan Maofeng Tea, Dinggu Dafang Tea and Huangshan Green Peony Tea.
Shexian County Hours
- There are no specific opening and closing times as it is a neighbourhood.
How to Reach Shexian County
- City Bus
- Fenghua Soil Restaurant
- YiLou MeiShi RenJia
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Huangshan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Huangshan and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.71% of people who visit Huangshan include Shexian County in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
50% of people start their Shexian County visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Shexian County
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shexian County