Armadale Castle197 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Armadale, Isle of Skye IV45 8RS, United Kingdom
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1471844305
- Ticket Price: 9 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Also known as Clan Donald Skye, Armadale castle is a 20,000-acre highland estate on the Sleat peninsula in south Skye. The estate was once a part of the traditional lands of Clan Donald, and later on it was purchased by the Clan Donald Lands Trust in 1971. Since then, the site has been used to display the history and traditions of Clan Donald and the Lordship of the Isles. As you enter inside the estate, you can take long walks which offer exemplary views of eastwards across the Sound of Sleat to Knoydart, or on the west of the peninsula across to the Cuillin mountain range. The gardens are home to wildlife species including red deer, golden eagles and sea eagles. As for the castle, part of it has been restored and the remaining ruins have been re-designed. The nearby attractions to the estate includes:
- Library and the Study Center
- Shop at the Gatehouse.
- Stables Cafe
Armadale Castle Travel Tips
- During periods of inclement weather, it may be necessary to close the gardens for safety reasons.
- Dogs are welcome in the Gardens and nature trails but must be kept under vigilance at all times.
Entrance Ticket Details For Armadale Castle
- Children: £ 5.50
- Family: £ 25.00, Family week ticket £ 45.00
- Seniors/Disabled/Student: £ 6.95, Under 5’s free
- Pre-booked groups of 10 or more: £ 6.95,
- Local (resident within Sleat peninsula, proof required): £ 2.50
How to Reach Armadale Castle
- At Pier is the closest bus stop.
- Hire a taxi.
- Can be reached on foot as well on a cycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Armadale before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Armadale and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Armadale include Armadale Castle in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
45.95% of people start their Armadale Castle visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Armadale Castle
91.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Armadale Castle
Armadale Castle Reviews & Ratings
Are tickets to walk the grounds and to enter the castle and museum able to be bought in advance? My sister and I are travelling to Scotland in August and would like to get tickets prior to our journey.Answer Report Abuse
The official website of Armadale Castle does not mention any advance booking links or details. I would suggest calling the castle administration on 44 1471 844305 to confirm before planning your visit.Report Abuse