Jami Ul-alfar Mosque, ColomboCurrently Closed
- Address: No.228, Second Cross Street, Colombo 11- Sri Lanka
- Timings: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Details
- Phone: +94-112451975
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids
About Jami Ul-alfar Mosque, Colombo
Imagine a building with the color scheme of a red-velvet pastry cake. Try to take it seriously. Then take a look at this mosque and the eye-catching white and red striped pattern on its towering, imposing body of Indo-Saracenic architecture. Surprising isn't it? It took one year to build this mosque, completed in 1909. Before the view was obscured, it is said that sailors used the mosque's distinctive look as the major landmark when coming into Columbo. Today, it is one of the most visited tourist sites in the city. The mosque has the largest Muslim congregation in the city.
Jami Ul-alfar Mosque Information
- Dress very conservatively when visiting.
Jami Ul-alfar Mosque Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed to non-Muslims during prayer times and Fridays.
How To reach Jami Ul-alfar Mosque by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to Gunasinghepura Bus Stand.
- Drive or walk here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jami Ul-alfar Mosque
84.42% of people who visit Colombo include Jami Ul-alfar Mosque in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
91.32% of people start their Jami Ul-alfar Mosque visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Jami Ul-alfar Mosque
94.93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jami Ul-alfar Mosque
Jami Ul-alfar Mosque, Colombo Reviews
All QuestionsJami ul-alfar mosque
- Attractions near Jami Ul-alfar Mosque
- The National Museum Of Colombo
- The National Museum Of Natural History
- Viharamahadevi Park
- Nelum Pokuna Mahinda Rajapaksa Theatre
- Cargills Ceylon Plc
- Pettah Hindu Temples
- Borella General Cemetery
- King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe Prison Cell
- Bally's Casino
- Wolvendaal Church
- Colombo Lighthouse
- Good Market