Cango CavesCurrently Closed
- Address: Scenic Cape Route 62, Oudtshoorn 6620, Western Cape, South Africa
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +27-442727410
- Ticket Price: 80 ZAR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Cavern, Tour, Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
About Cango Caves, Oudtshoorn
This exquisite show cave is South Africa’s little town of Oudtshoorn is what you must-visit on your trip to the country. The caves offer adventure and heritage tour that displays the rich natural history of South Africa.
Located at the foothills of Swartberg range and set in Precambrian limestone, the special tour guides will take you on a journey to remember by. Enhanced lights effect and bewildering natural beauty of Cango caves makes it a popular tourist attraction.
Cango Caves Information
- Ensure that you carry a camera.
- Not suitable for pregnant ladies and people with medical problems.
Cango Caves Ticket Prices
- Ticket for adventure tour costs R 100.
- Children have a concession in entry fee.
Cango Caves Opening and Closing Hours
- The timing for adventure tours is 09.30 am to 03.30 pm.
- The heritage tour is 60 minutes long.
- The adventure tour is 90 minutes long.
How To reach Cango Caves by Public Transport
- Rented car
Restaurants Near Cango Caves
- Cango cave restaurant- Karoo lambs.
- Cango caves coffee shop- cakes.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Oudtshoorn before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oudtshoorn and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cango Caves
95% of people who visit Oudtshoorn include Cango Caves in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
80.5% of people start their Cango Caves visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cango Caves
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cango Caves
Cango Caves Map
Cango Caves Trips
Cango Caves, Oudtshoorn Reviews
This natural wonder is well worth going out of your way to visit. I did visit them many years ago as well, when they had coloured lights to highlight the formations. Now the lights are all white (apparently because people want things more natural). I think alternating the two options would give the best experience to everyone.
Kids loved it and still talking about it months later. Knowledgeable guide and entertaining. Beautiful scenes. Very professional staff and eager to help answer questions or point you in the right direction. Great exhibits too.
This was a wonderful experience. We were lucky to have a good singer demonstrating the excellent acoustics. . Some other tours were not so lucky . Guides were well spoken. Several languages offered. Lighting very good. Excellent photo opportunities.
The Cango Caves are about 30km outside Oudtshoorn, but we'll worth a trip. However, the only tour worth taking is the adventure tour. Take clothes that can get a bit sweaty or dirty and fit tightly. Closed shoes are best. You'll have a fabulous experience and fit into spaces you never thought you could.
Our tour guide was entertaining and the caves are quite spectacular. We did the Heritage Tour, which is easier and shorted than the Adventure Tour. I would recommend it, as it was interesting and about the right length for us. Photos don't capture the scale and beauty of some areas. There is a gift shop and cafe in the main building, as well as plenty of parking. Booking in advance is definitely recommended.
All QuestionsCango caves
- Plymouth Missionary Church
- Calvary Church Of Granbury
- Chabad Center At Chestnut Hill
- Episcopal Chapel Of The Incarnation
- Gainesville Chinese Christian Church
- St Luke AME Church
- Nederlander Theater
- Korean Catholic Church
- First United Pentecostal Church
- Overcoming Power Bible Way Church
- Gospel Faith Mission International
- Faith Walk Ministries
- Concordia Lutheran Church
- Victory Life Center
- Root River Parkway