Kaal Bhairav TempleCurrently Open
- Address: K-32/22 Bharonath, Vishweshwarganj, Varanasi. , India Map
- Timings: 05:00 am - 01:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Come out of your worldly difficulties. Your mind is heavy with problems which is crucial. Who can you share them with? Where can you find peace? You cannot think or see clearly at home and you need attention. Enter Kaal Bhairav Temple, the dust of disturbance will be lifted. The fog and haze you are in will settle. You will find a path that did not exist before, find solutions to unanswered questions. See things in a different light, a light that will work through your troubles. The Kaal Bhairav Temple is dedicated to Bhairava, a Hindu deity who is a fierce manifestation of Lord Shiva. He is associated with annihilation. He is one of the most important deities in Nepal, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Uttarakhand.
Legend has it that no one can stay in Varanasi without the permission of God Kaal Bhairav. He wears a garland of skulls and carries and club of peacock feathers. The name Kaal Bhairav stands for both Death and Fate. He is depicted decorated with a range of twisted serpents, as earrings, bracelets, and anklets. He wears tiger skin and a ritual apron made of human bones.
The temple is guarded by Bhairava’s mount, the dog at the entrance. Upon entering you will find a courtyard which hosts the main shrine. His silver face is draped with flowers and can be seen through the doorway of the inner sanctum. The rest of the idol holds a trident and is seated upon a dog. But this is concealed with a cloth drapery. The origin of Bhairava can be traced to the conversation between Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu where Vishnu asked Brahma who is the supreme creator of the Universe. After a battle between them Lord Shiva came out as the supreme creator. In the form of the Kaal Bhairava, Shiva is said to be guarding Kashi. This temple was a spiritual centre for extreme Shiva ascetics, and yogis. Today any one can visit for his blessing. The locals in the Kotwalpuri section of the city reveres this temple and is under its blessings and influence.
Kaal Bhairav Temple Travel Tips
- Sealed bottles of wine is offered to the deity.
- Darshan is magnificent and you can feel the vibrations of power, tantricism, and mystery.
- It is clean but quite crowded.
- Parking can be a problem so be patient.
- Om Cafe: Italian, Continental
- Flavours Cafe: Continental
- Filo Cafe: Italian, Continental
- I-ba: Italian, Asian, Japanese
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Varanasi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Varanasi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Kaal Bhairav Temple Address: K-32/22 Bharonath, Vishweshwarganj, Varanasi. , India
- Kaal Bhairav Temple Timing: 05:00 am - 01:30 pm
- Best time to visit Kaal Bhairav Temple(preferred time): 06:00 am - 10:00 am
- Time required to visit Kaal Bhairav Temple: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
36.66% of people who visit Varanasi include Kaal Bhairav Temple in their plan
69.49% of people start their Kaal Bhairav Temple visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kaal Bhairav Temple
90.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kaal Bhairav Temple
Kaal Bhairav Temple Reviews & Ratings
any special pooja in mid nightAnswer Report Abuse
any special pooja (paid) can be performedAnswer Report Abuse
You can call and check on 91 70079 63016Report Abuse