Are you looking for what to do in Ankara?
WHAT TO SEE
- AnitKabir: Located on top of a commanding hill in the Anittepe quarter of Ankara is the mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. Mustafa’s claim to fame is being the founder of the Republic of Turkey so it is worth visiting.
- Atakule Tower: Atakule Tower is the tallest structure in the city and has a shopping centre underneath it. This is a great place to see the city from.
- Museum of Anatolian Civilizations: This museum houses a display of artefacts which date back to the Anatolian and Asia Minor civilizations. The oldest artefacts are from the Palaeolithic period making this museum a must see.
- War of Independence Museum: The building which houses the War of Independence Museum used to be home to the Turkish Republican Parliament. The museum is dedicated to the War of Independence which was fought between 1921 and 1922 and there’s some fantastic memorabilia.
- Cengelhan Rahmi Koc Museum: This museum chronicles the technological progress of Turkey and has a wide variety of curios on display. The collection of children’s toys is also impressive so don’t miss out.
WHAT TO DO
- Witness the colourful festivals and events in Ankara.
- Go shopping crazy at the malls or the local markets like Ankara Castle.
- State art and sculpture museum, Ankara Ethnography museum, Cer Modern, Salt Ulus, TCDD Open Air Steam Locomotive Museum, METU Science and Technology Museum, MTA Museum of Natural History.
Below we have a list of things to do in Ankara and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Ankara getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Ankara with confidence.