West Edmonton Mall, EdmontonCurrently Open
- Address: 8882 170 Street, Edmonton, AB T5T 4J2, Canada
- Timings: 11:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7804445321
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Amusement Park, Sport, Water Park, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Mall, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
About West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton
It is largest shopping mall in North America and perhaps one of Edmonton’s most popular tourist attractions. The mall has most of the popular international brands and several restaurants serving global cuisine. The main highlights are the attractions within the mall namely:
- Galaxyland: The world’s largest amusement park.
- World Waterpark: The world’s largest indoor wave pool and numerous water slides and rides.
- Sea Life Caverns: An underground aquarium with fish, penguins, sea turtles and plenty of other marine life.
The mall also has a bowling alley, a recreation centre, an ice-skating rink, movie theatre and a host of other entertainment and activities. Visitors usually return to the mall several times during their trip to cover all that it has to offer.
West Edmonton Mall Information
- Timings and ticket prices for attractions within the mall vary.
- Guest Services counters are located throughout the mall.
- Visitors can avail wheelchairs for use and scooter rentals from Guest Services.
- All day lockers are available for rent throughout the mall.
- Single strollers are available for rent at Entrances 2, 8, 32, 44 and 50.
How To reach West Edmonton Mall by Public Transport
- ETS Bus Routes: 1, 2, 4, 14, 23, 33, 98, 100, 101, 102, 103, 106, 107, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 115, 117, 122, 126, 129, 133
Restaurants Near West Edmonton Mall
- Moxie’s Grill & Bar
- The Red Piano
- Cactus Club Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Edmonton before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Edmonton and book an accommodation of your choice.
West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton Reviews
This mall was really amazing. Not only was it really really big it has a skating rink in it large enough that kids were playing ice hockey. It also has a wading pool with wave pool in it. It had a performing sea lion which did a little show that was totally fantastic. There is a mock-up of a pirate ship where you can book private functions like birthday parties or wedding receptions. And a great number of stores. Really big place lots of fun love to visit it again sometime
Holy smokes, this place is HUGE. The wantonness were extremely luxurious (also clean), I would've liked to see hand towels instead of paper towels (to see some environmental initiative). There's a huge variety of stores. The amusement park will not amuse your wallet, it's pricey. The water park looked fun. The whole mall was very bright with natural light, I appreciate that a lot. Will definitely be back
Great place to go shopping and walk around. Also is family friendly with carts you can rent and especially with galaxyland. Very nice mall, clean washrooms and food court is usually pretty clean too. We also like the ship and mini golf. A fun place you can literally spend all day here. Nice place!
Cody Assisted in my ear reconstruction, he was great! I was nervous so he made sure to check in often. He talked to me during the whole procedure so I felt relaxed and kept my mind off what was happening. The environment was clean and comfortable. He’s also pierced several of my friends, who all have had great experiences! Front end staff are also super helpful and friendly. Very knowledgeable.
An iconic piece of history that belongs to the city of Edmonton, this mall is an expression of Alberta`s culture in many ways. This mall is always full of excitement and bustle. Be prepared for longer wait times to enjoy the dining experiences within, but typically worth the wait in many cases. It is truly a place for the adventurer coming to the city that wants it all in one place.