Sant'ivo Alla Sapienza847 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Corso del Rinascimento, 40, Roma, Italy, Rome
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Cathedral
A roman catholic church in Rome that dates back to the 17th century, this is considered to be one of the finest pieces of architect and artist Francesco Borromini. The church exhibits mind-blowing Roman Baroque architecture and although it is open only on Sundays, the best way to admire it is from outside. The exteriors are striking and since the building is the last one on the alley, you can see its huge dome from afar. The dome lantern is a must-observe!
If you are lucky to be here on a Sunday, you can enter and observe the striking interiors of the church and fall in love with its architecture even more!
Sant'ivo Alla Sapienza Hours
- Courtyard open irregular hours (roughly business hours), but closed Saturdays.
- The church is open for visits only on Sundays- 9 am to 12 pm ( closed on all other days and closed for the months of July and August)
- Mass timings: Sundays at 11am (except July and August, when it is closed)
How to Reach Sant'ivo Alla Sapienza
- Bus: 30, 70, 81, 87, 130F, 186, 492, 628, 116, 116T, C3, N7
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rome and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.75% of people who visit Rome include Sant'ivo Alla Sapienza in their plan
40% of people start their Sant'ivo Alla Sapienza visit around 11 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sant'ivo Alla Sapienza
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sant'ivo Alla Sapienza