Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens177 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 510 River Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, United States Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8654365155
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Outdoors, Garden, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Nature
The Christ in the Smokies Museum & Gardens is a quiet place for meditation and reflection. It is a retreat, a place that depicts the life of Jesus Christ. Jesus was raised in the small rural town of Nazareth. His adoptive father, Joseph, taught him to use the tools of a carpenter. At the age of 30 Jesus sought out John the Baptist. John refused to baptize Jesus. Jesus went into the wilderness, to allow Satan to tempt Him just as Satan tempts us today. For forty days Jesus fasted and then beat down the foe, Satan. As He came down from the hills, He was filled with the Holy Spirit.
On a Thursday night, Jesus met with his apostles, in the city of Jerusalem. He was there to take the Passover meal with them. It was here on a solemn occasion, that Jesus told them He must soon die. That it was God's will that He give His life for His friends. He drank wine and broke bread with them. He told them to remember Him. Later that night He spent time in the garden of Gethsemane to pray. But He was arrested by a mob of angry men. Around midnight Jesus sent to trial. On tramped up charges, the Jewish authorities tried the Lord in an illegal, night-time trial.
That was not enough, they wanted Him to die. In the early morning they carried Jesus to the Governor of Judea, Pontus Pilate. Pilate had Him scourged, stripped, mocked, hoping that would appease the crowd. Finally He was beaten, shamed and then crucified. At last He began to ascend into Heaven. As He rose, He told his apostles, "Go everywhere and tell the good news." Jesus can be your Saviour.
Enter the Biblical world and see scenes from the Bible. They are depicted with life size wax figures, and special effects. Unbelievable lifelike scenes are revealed with dramatic lighting, and music. Everyone will enjoy seeing their favourite Bible stories come alive in the 3D Dioramas. See the portrayal of the Last Supper and marvel at it with your family.
Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens Travel Tips
- Make sure you view the many lush gardens.
- Visit the sculpture of Christ, view ancient coins and gems, and purchase souvenirs.
- Save by Purchasing Tickets Online.
- Internet Prices are not available at Box Office.
- Prices do not include tax.
- Please call for group rates.
- Tickets online must be printed and presented at the box office.
- Please call for last tour times.
- Tours begin approximately every 15 minutes.
- Five Guys: American
- Mellow Mushroom: Italian
- Gigi's Cupcakes: American
- Maypops: American
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Gatlinburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Gatlinburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens Address: 510 River Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, United States
- Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens Contact Number: +1-8654365155
- Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens Price: 12 USD
- Best time to visit Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens(preferred time): 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
6.19% of people who visit Gatlinburg include Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens in their plan
95% of people start their Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens
50% of people prefer walking in order to reach Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens
People normally club together Ripley's Davy Crockett Mini Golf and Smoky Mountain Ziplines while planning their visit to Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens.
Christ In The Smokies Museum And Gardens Reviews & Ratings
Where is it located and what is the cost.Answer Report Abuse
are wheelchairs available and is attraction wheelchair accessible?Answer Report Abuse
I am not sure but I guess Christ in the Smokies Museum & Gardens is wheelchair-accessible. Although, I don't think they offer wheelchairs. It would be best to give them a call before visiting. You may call them on 865-436-5155.Report Abuse