Sri Govindaraja Swamy TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Govindarajaswamy, Sannidhi Street, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517501, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Nestled at the heart of this temple city, this ancient temple is surely going to grab your attention with its striking architectural appearance. This temple is said to be dedicated to Lord Balaji’s brother. According to the history, this temple is said to be built in 1130AD. You can make it from the seven storied Gopuram with 11 kalasas which is said to be nearly 15th century old. The most amazing fact of this Gopuram is, it is engraved with handwork depicting scenes from Ramayana, Bhagavata and the lifestory of Sri Venkatesware Swami.
As you step inside the temple, you will see an inner decorated courtyard with stone walls surrounding it. During festivals, this courtyard gets flooded with pilgrims. So, if you are planning to see this temple, visit during early morning years. The morning prayer that is sung at 5:00 am is simple mesmerizing.
Another striking feature of this temple is the deity, that is Sayanamurti (the Lord in a sleeping posture).
- If you are visiting the temple on Saturday, be early as there is huge crowd on every Saturdays.
- Be decently dressed while visiting the temple.
- Leave your shoes outside the temple.
- Respect the Hindu rituals and customs inside the temple.
- Make sure your visit doesn’t disturb other worshippers.
- Rs 10 per head is required for Suprabhatam, ThomalaSeva, Sahasranamarchana , ArchananantharaDarsanam, Ekanthaseva.
- Special Entrance: Rs 5/ per head
- Quick Darshan: Rs 20/ per head
- For detail time schedule, visit the official website.
- Nearby Train Station: Tirupati station. From station, you will get city buses
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Tirupati before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Tirupati and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.52% of people who visit Tirupati include Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
35.14% of people start their Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple