Conception Castle604 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Parque Torres Monte de la Concepcion, Parque Alfonso Torres 30202, Cartagena, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-968500093
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Outdoors, View Point, Observatory, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site , Hill, Landmarks
Situated on a hillock overlooking the port and harbour, the Castillo de la Concepcion, aka Castillo de los Patos is a 12th century fortress which offers spectacular views of Cartagena. The beautifully laid out lawns and gardens of the castle are home to peacocks and fowls. Within the Castle is a museum which has exhibitions on the history of Cartagena with its Roman and Moorish ancestry. A contrasting marvel is the panoramic lift that takes visitors up to the castle. While at the castle, do explore the water cisterns, the observation deck and the low archways.
Entrance Ticket Details For Conception Castle
- Entrance to castle only: €3.75
- If you book online, Children (3-12), Students and seniors with ID, Disabled: €2.75
- Entrance Castle plus Panoramic lift: €4.25
- If you book online, Children (3-12), Students and seniors with ID, Disabled: €3.25
- Free for children under 3
How to Reach Conception Castle
- C Gisbert bus stop
- Ascensor Panorámico bus stop
- Casa del Mar bus stop
- Cartagena train station
- Food vending machined available at the museum.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
78.85% of people who visit Cartagena include Conception Castle in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
51.72% of people start their Conception Castle visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Conception Castle
81.13% of people prefer walking in order to reach Conception Castle
Conception Castle Reviews & Ratings
Neat little castle and museum with Spanish and English descriptions. Looping movie giving some history of Spain post Moorish rule to unification under Isabella I. Great examples of royal clothing from the 1400s.
Best viewpoint of Cartagena, nice little Museum at the top. Beneath it is the civil war museum (air shelter) which is also great. I recommend visiting it with kids to show them how tough life can be. Many pictures and exhibits include kids.
Stunning views and so worth the climb, although there is a lift!
Incredible views! The stairs up are not the worst either, the scenery is very nice.
Good views of the local area from the tops of the castle. Not the best castle we've seen in Spain so far, but a good exhibit all the same.