Cathedral Of Lima986 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jiron Carabaya, Lima 15001, Peru
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +51-14279647
- Ticket Price: 10 PEN
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
This is a Roman Catholic Cathedral. It is situated right in the middle of the city, bordering the Mayor’s Plaza of Lima. The Church was one of the many structures that were damaged by an earthquake in the mid-eighteenth century. A lot of it has been rebuilt and very similarly so. It retains the Spanish colonial structure and the facade. This facade has three heavily decorated doorways leading you into the church. The marble floor, the wooden benches, the cross-shaped pillars and the vaulted delicate ceilings transport you to the era when it was first built. The atmosphere is calm and serene. The lighting is dim and the air is cold. Highlights include:
- The Wooden Balconies.
- The Decorative Mosaics on the grave chapel.
- The tomb of Francisco Pizarro.
- The museum- artefacts of colonial times and displays of city’s historical heritage.
- The Souvenir Shop
- The choir stalls
- The Tea room
Cathedral Of Lima Travel Tips
- The Tea Room cannot be accessed unless you pay the entrance fees of the Cathedral.
- Photography is allowed but without flash.
How to Reach Cathedral Of Lima
- Bus Station: Desamparados
- Ask the locals for directions.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lima before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lima and book an accommodation of your choice.
41.9% of people who visit Lima include Cathedral Of Lima in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
27.54% of people start their Cathedral Of Lima visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Cathedral Of Lima
71.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedral Of Lima