Cathedral Of Lima, Lima
About Cathedral Of Lima, Lima
Cathedral Of Lima, Lima - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Jiron Carabaya, Lima 15001, Peru
Ticket Price: 10 PEN
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 8.4K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is a Roman Catholic Cathedral. It is situated right in the middle of the city, bordering the Mayor’s Plaza of Lima. The Church was one of the many structures that were damaged by an earthquake in the mid-eighteenth century. A lot of it has been rebuilt and very similarly so. It retains the Spanish colonial structure and the facade. This facade has three heavily decorated doorways leading you into the church. The marble floor, the wooden benches, the cross-shaped pillars and the vaulted delicate ceilings transport you to the era when it was first built. The atmosphere is calm and serene. The lighting is dim and the air is cold. Highlights include:
- The Wooden Balconies.
- The Decorative Mosaics on the grave chapel.
- The tomb of Francisco Pizarro.
- The museum- artefacts of colonial times and displays of city’s historical heritage.
- The Souvenir Shop
- The choir stalls
- The Tea room
Cathedral Of Lima Information
- The Tea Room cannot be accessed unless you pay the entrance fees of the Cathedral.
- Photography is allowed but without flash.
How To reach Cathedral Of Lima by Public Transport
- Bus Station: Desamparados
- Ask the locals for directions.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lima before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lima and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cathedral Of Lima, Lima Reviews - Write a Review
Wonderful part of Lima history. Be sure to see the catacombs
Really nice cathedral! Worth visiting. However the center is under construction!
Started by Pizarro in 1535. Astonishing large and beautiful nave, chapels, and museum abounding in masterpieces. Renovated lighting.
This beautiful spot is at the heart of busy Lima. I was able to pray in the chapel but couldn't take pictures inside. The feeling of peace in the Church stuck with me though
One of the best historical places of Lima
- Nearby Attractions
- Iglesia De San Agustin
- Plaza De Armas
- Museo De Minerales Andres Del Castillo
- Casa De Aliaga
- Iglesia De Las Nazarenas
- Parque Zoologico Huachipa
- Casa De La Literatura Peruana
- Centro Cultural Inca Garcilaso
- Lima Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lima
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lima
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lima
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lima
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lima
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lima