Are you looking for what to do in Ko Tao?
WHAT TO SEE
- TAA TOA AND YAE MAE ROCK SPIRITS: This place is situated in the south of Ko- Tao and is a highly revered place by Thai people. The rocks are believed as deities and are worshipped for the safety and success of the people going into the sea.
- JOHN-SUWAN VIEWPOINT: The place is named after two avid travellers John and Suwan who discovered this marvellous point from where one can have the entire view of the island.
- MAE HAAD PORT: Mae Haad is the major port of Koh- Tao and is also a famous spot for people who want to enjoy the night life on the island. It is also a popular place for going on cruise rides.
- WHALE SKELETON: The skeleton is situated at Sairee beach and is a centre of attention among the visitors of Koh-Tao. It is believed that this caricature was found in a cave and it is still a mystery how it reached there.
- KOH-TAO TEMPLE: The temple is situated in the town of Mae Haad and is surrounded by lush green trees. People come here from all places for observing Buddhist culture and tradition closely as well as for meditation.
THINGS TO DO
- Snorkelling/ Diving: Snorkelling at Koh Tao are a rare experience to have. Shark Bay and Mango Bay are one of the famous spots for snorkelling. One can see black tip reef sharks closely in Shark Bay. Mango Bay is little steeper and undisturbed and inhabited by corals and turtles.
- Island Cruise Sailing: Island cruise sailing is a new way to explore the island. Cruises are available on Sairee Beach, and Mae Haad Beach in Ko-Tao has exquisite cruises set for knowing the island and to have merry time with friends and family.
- Rock Climbing: Mek’s mountain is a privately owned area filled with granite rocks and can give the right challenge to a climber’s strength. Another climbing spot is MachetyMountain where many beginners as well as regular climbers go for climbing.
- Night life: Night life in Ko-Tao is not to be missed! Fishbowl Beach Bar and Maya Beach Club are the famous ones on the island, with excellent music keeping in view the global taste of crowd. Queen’s Cabaret and Lotus Bar are other prominent places with an astounding jibe of night crowd.
Below we have a list of things to do in Ko Tao and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Ko Tao getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Ko Tao with confidence.