Red Bull Hangar3791 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Wilhelm-Spazier-Straße 7a, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-66221970
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Restaurant, Family And Kids, Architecture , Exhibition , Automobile Museums
One of the more modern tourist attractions in the city, the Red Bull Hangar is an exciting display of historical airplanes, helicopters and Formula One racings cars. The Hangar is also home to a top rated restaurant called Ikarus, which was awarded two Michelin stars, two bars, a lounge and an aircraft. There are a multitude of things to view in the Hangar’s privately owned exhibition. Whether planes are your passion or motorbikes catch your fancy, you can hover around the aircrafts and bikes parked there, on display. There are even famous racing cars present in the enclosure. The hangar was created by the founder of the international energy drink brand Red Bull, Dietrich Mateschitz. It’s open to all and the entry is free of cost.
The Hangar contains many Red Bull and Toro Rosso Formula car, Red Bull aircrafts, sponsored motorcycles, Indy race cars and more. There’s the Felix Baumgatner Space Jump capsule and flying suits as well as well as carbon fiber wings he wore when he crossed the English Channel in 2003. There are fighter jets and other old styled aircrafts. Going through the pictures of the museum is enough to entice someone into visiting the hangar. After witnessing the exciting exhibits, a testament to technology and a rich man’s buying power, you can go to the restaurants or pubs available there and chill out while eating some really good food. The restaurant offers a prime view of airplanes taking off and landing.
The most famous eateries inside are Ikarus and the Mayday Bar. Ikarus has top chefs from around the world come in every month in order to take over control of the menu. The Maydar Bay serves international cocktails and has a novel concept of ‘Brain Food, Mood Food and Beauty Food’, which are elaborated upon in three, specially tailored smart food menus. The objective: guests can totally devote themselves to indulgence and for the rest of the day will still be able to feel how much good the carefully thought out and lovingly prepared dishes are doing them.
It is located very close to the airport, so it’s an ideal stop over on the last day of your vacation, a couple of hours before your flight. A little hard to find by yourself, this destination is quite a gem once you do locate it.
Red Bull Hangar Travel Tips
- Hangar-7 can generally only admit bus and tour groups with advance notification.
- You can save this for the last day as it is on the way to the airport.
- This is a must see if you like planes, bikes and cars.
- Most buses are not allowed to drive uptil here.
- Visitors can not board the air crafts.
- Recommendations: Visit Ikarus, Mayday Bar, Carpe Diem and the Outdoor Lounge for some unique dining experiences.
Entrance Ticket Details For Red Bull Hangar
- Free admission.
- Charges applicable for restaurant, café and bar.
Red Bull Hangar Hours
- For detailed timings of restaurant, cafe and bar please refer official website.
How to Reach Red Bull Hangar
- Bus stop Salzburg Karolingerstrabe is a short walk away.
- Rent or hire a car/taxi.
- Ikarus (International/32€-50€ ($51-$80); set-price menus 95€-135€ ($152-$216)
- GasthofRiedenburg (Continental/Main courses 28€-33€ ($45-$53);fixed-price menus 59€-79€ ($94-$126)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Salzburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Salzburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.57% of people who visit Salzburg include Red Bull Hangar in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
35.06% of people start their Red Bull Hangar visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Red Bull Hangar
92.93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Red Bull Hangar