Palacio De Cibeles, Madrid
About Palacio De Cibeles, Madrid
Palacio De Cibeles, Madrid - Address, Phone Number
Address: Plaza de Cibeles, 28014 Madrid, Spain
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 12.5K times in trip plans
Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Exhibition , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The City Hall of Madrid has the grandeur of Gothic architecture having been built in the early periods of the 20th century. It was primarily designed to house the main administrative postal office of Madrid, and therefore it also bears the name of the Communications Palace. Through a consistent service for over a century, the City Hall was later renovated to be the operational central office of the Madrid City Council. The City Hall exhibits a perfect architectural mixture of the Gothic building pattern along with the neoclassical modernised blend of design.
The exterior of the building is adorned with numerous flattened and rectangular pilasters combined with royal cartouches. The upper regions of the Hall bear excellent examples of delicate architect involved in the making of the long spires and pinnacles. The pinnacles are built of varying heights to highlight the sharpness of the exterior decorations of the City Hall. The central pinnacle is the tallest among all.
Palacio De Cibeles Information
- The City Hall houses a museum featuring the exhibition of cultural relics and artistry prevalent during its building. This also illustrates the transition of the uses of the building from being the Postal Administrative Office to the present status of the City Council.
Palacio De Cibeles Ticket Prices
- Entry to the palace is free.
- To visit the lookout point: 2 EURO (for adults), 0.50 EURO (children under 12years).
Palacio De Cibeles Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on holidays.
- Visit take place in every 30 minutes.
- Viewpoint visit: 10:30am – 1pm & 4:30pm – 7:30pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
How To reach Palacio De Cibeles by Public Transport
- Plaza de Cibeles
Restaurants Near Palacio De Cibeles
- Botin restaurant
- Cafe de Oriente
- La Capilla de La Bolsa
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palacio De Cibeles, Madrid Reviews - Write a Review
Emblematic place in Madrid and a symbol for Real Madrid fans (called merengues) The "meringues" celebrate cups and trophy's around the fountain (also used to soak inside it but nowadays it's forbidden) The fountain it's beautiful and it's placed at the intersection of 2 very representative avenues in the city centre.
Beautifull fountain. Centre of Madrid. A tourist atractive place.
Beautiful and historic building. Before Madrid's Hall was Postal Office Center. I recommended upstairs until the last floor and enjoy marvelous city views. Then downstairs until 6th floor to drink a cocktail Mandatory stop if you visit Madrid
Pretty building to pass by especially at night. Other than that - not much to do there. Would make it as a special point of sightseeing.
I just love this building. Can't walk past it without getting my 📷 out. They sometimes allow trips to the top where the views of Madrid are stunning. Worth a visit inside and out.
- Nearby Attractions
- Calle Del Conde De Romanones, 16
- Calle Del Príncipe, 26
- Opera Madrid
- Hotel Travelodge Madrid Alcalá
- La Paella De La Reina 39
- Café Del Jardín
- Mu! El Placer De La Carne
- Madrid Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 48 Hours in Madrid
- What to See in 72 Hours in Madrid
- How to Spend 5 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 6 Days in Madrid
- How to Spend 7 Days in Madrid