Palacio De CibelesCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Plaza de Cibeles, 28014 Madrid, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915216500
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Exhibition , Heritage Building
The City Hall of Madrid has the grandeur of Gothic architecture having been built in the early periods of the 20th century. It was primarily designed to house the main administrative postal office of Madrid, and therefore it also bears the name of the Communications Palace. Through a consistent service for over a century, the City Hall was later renovated to be the operational central office of the Madrid City Council. The City Hall exhibits a perfect architectural mixture of the Gothic building pattern along with the neoclassical modernised blend of design.
The exterior of the building is adorned with numerous flattened and rectangular pilasters combined with royal cartouches. The upper regions of the Hall bear excellent examples of delicate architect involved in the making of the long spires and pinnacles. The pinnacles are built of varying heights to highlight the sharpness of the exterior decorations of the City Hall. The central pinnacle is the tallest among all.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 3 days.
- The City Hall houses a museum featuring the exhibition of cultural relics and artistry prevalent during its building. This also illustrates the transition of the uses of the building from being the Postal Administrative Office to the present status of the City Council.
- Entry to the palace is free.
- To visit the lookout point: 2 EURO (for adults), 0.50 EURO (children under 12years).
- Closed on holidays.
- Visit take place in every 30 minutes.
- Viewpoint visit: 10:30am – 1pm & 4:30pm – 7:30pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Plaza de Cibeles
- Botin restaurant
- Cafe de Oriente
- La Capilla de La Bolsa
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.48% of people who visit Madrid include Palacio De Cibeles in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
36.36% of people start their Palacio De Cibeles visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Palacio De Cibeles
78.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palacio De Cibeles
Has a good vibe to it, at night and day. Good place to meet. We had a blast. Thank you people of Madrid! Yay!
Beautiful fountain surrounded by the national Bank of Spain and the palace of Cibeles. A must see for anyone visiting Madrid, especially in the evening.
Plaza de Cibeles may be more famous among Madridista but I am not one of them. Although, I still consider this place as a beautiful one in Madrid and you must visit it. Maybe to get nearby the statue is difficult due to many restriction signs, but taking a picture of it is still a must-do for everyone, not only Real Madrid fan.
The most beautiful city hall I ever seen...
A must see, a breath taking place