Plaza And Palacio De CibelesCurrently Open
- Address: Calle Alcalay Paseo de Recoletos, 28014 Madrid, Spain (Centro)
- Timings: 01:30 pm - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-913962679
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Walking Area, Palace, Plaza, Architecture
Madrid has many landmarks – this is perhaps the most beautiful. Cybele, the eponymous goddess whose fountain decorates the neo-classical plaza, has long been a symbol of Madrid; the Real Madrid Football Club reflects this, and fans celebrate wins right in front of the sculpture. Three beautiful and famous buildings border the square – the Banco de Espana, the Linares Place, and the Buenavista Palace.
However, it’s the fourth building that’s truly striking – the Cybele Palace, also known as the Palace of Communication. Inside you’ll find an exhibition hall for displays regarding the city’s culture and future. The palace tower has a gazebo with a privileged view of Madrid (you get a 360 view of the Madrid skyline and can see up Gran Via, Prado, and Retiro Park); a music hall, and a dreamy glass gallery that’s only accessible on Sundays.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 3 days.
- You can visit anytime in between the visiting hours.
- Check out the bookstore, the cafe, the restaurant and the terrace bar inside the palace.
- Other Contact Details: +34-913962274.
- Visits to the viewpoint are free every first Wednesday of the month and day: May 2, 15 May to 12 October.
- Minors (under 12) must be accompanied by adults. They are charged EUR 0.50.
- By Metro: Line 2 - Banca de Espana
- By Train: Recoletos
- By Bus: 1, 2, 202, 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 20, 27, 34, 37, 45, 51, 52, 53, 74, 146, 150, 203, Airport Express Line.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.95% of people who visit Madrid include Plaza And Palacio De Cibeles in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
92.3% of people start their Plaza And Palacio De Cibeles visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Plaza And Palacio De Cibeles
55.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Plaza And Palacio De Cibeles