Centro Cultural Banco Do BrasilCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: R. Primeiro de Marco, 66 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20010-000, Brazil
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2138082020
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, Entertainment, Theatre
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil - Review
Often referred to as simply CCBB, it is the cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil (Bank of Brazil) and is how the name translates in English. While it may seem unusual for a bank to have such a centre, the place has a lot to offer and is a good place to spend time indoors during inclement weather. The bank has two other such centres in Brasilia and Sao Paolo but the one in Rio De Janeiro is the largest. The CCBB is one of the most visited art museums in the world. There are always interesting expositions and cultural events happening here. The CCBB hosts several events showcasing performing arts like dance, theatre, music and opera. The architecture of the building is also noteworthy and is of art-deco style. The complex also has a performing arts theatre and a cinema. There is cafe, a restaurant and a bookstore within the building.
Visit and admire the cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil with various tours that make your visit more nuanced. Although there are no tickets for Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil, you can always make your visit more enlightened by booking tours. As you buy tickets for cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil, you get to see this attraction as per your convenience and preference. Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil tickets and tours will be your gateway to understand the culture of Brazil better. And if you are interested to know detailed prices for tours, you can check out the section below for Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil Ticket prices
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil Information
- Presale of tickets starts on the Monday a week before the event, restricted to four tickets per person.
- For free events, passwords are distributed one hour prior to the start of the session.
- There is an information desk on the ground floor with a bilingual attendant (English & Portuguese).
- Entry is not permitted once a show has begun.
- Photography of exhibits, unless restricted, is permitted without flash.
- Food and Drinks are not permitted in the theatre and exhibition halls.
- There is an ATM located on the ground floor.
- The building has complete disabled access.
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil Ticket Prices
- Exposure, Ideas and Education Program: Free
- Performing Arts (theatre, dance & opera): R$ 10.00 (whole), R$ 5.00 (half price)
- Cinema: £ 4.00 (whole) and R$ 2.00 (half price)
How To reach Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil by Public Transport
- Metro Station: Carioca Station or Station Uruguaiana
- Bus Stop: BRS 1,2,3,4,5 – Candelária
Restaurants Near Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
- Cafe Brasserie Brazil
- Restaurant Brasserie Brazil
- Coccinelle Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
95% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
30.98% of people start their Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
85.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil Map
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil Trips
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil, Rio De Janeiro Reviews
Great place to see different artistic works. They bring really good collections from abroad. The best in Rio.
The Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil (CCBB, in English: Bank of Brazil Cultural Center) is a cultural organization of the Banco do Brasil based in Brazilwith centers in Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, São Paulo and Belo Horizonte. The CCBB began in 1986. It opened in Rio de Janeiro in 1989, Brasilia in 2000, São Paulo in 2001 and Belo Horizonte in 2013. Its three centers in Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, and São Paulo are among the top hundred most visited art museums in the world. In 2013, the three centers combined had 4.4 million visitors: 2,034,397 visitors in Rio de Janeiro, 1,468,818 visitors in Brasilia, and 931,639 visitors in São Paulo. The largest of the CCBB institutions is located in Rio de Janeiro, in an art-deco building designed by Francisco Joaquim Bethencourt da Silva. Similar in size is the São Paulo institution, designed in the same style by Hippolyto Pujol. The smallest of the three complexes the Brasilia branch, designed by Alba Rabelo Cunha. Both the Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo branches contain theatres, cinemas, and multiple art galleries.
Good place with lot too see about the Brazilian culture and past life of Brazil is immigrants and slave life. They also host lot of art and stage show periodically so that is another good attraction. Would recommend that place it's in walking distance to other attractions and many eateries are just located at the back side of the building.
Very beautiful architecture. Exhibits were also interesting. The library was very helpful and the staff were very nice. There is also a small cafe.
The place itself is very interesting, if you have a guide. Other than that, you'll probably end up not going anywhere, or getting lost. Not many places to sit, when you get tired. Eating in there is a rip off.
All QuestionsCentro cultural banco do brasil
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames