Often referred to as simply CCBB, it is the cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil (Bank of Brazil) and is how the name translates in English. While it may seem unusual for a bank to have such a centre, the place has a lot to offer and is a good place to spend time indoors during inclement weather. The bank has two other such centres in Brasilia and Sao Paolo but the one in Rio De Janeiro is the largest. The CCBB is one of the most visited art museums in the world. There are always interesting expositions and cultural events happening here. The CCBB hosts several events showcasing performing arts like dance, theatre, music and opera. The architecture of the building is also noteworthy and is of art-deco style. The complex also has a performing arts theatre and a cinema. There is cafe, a restaurant and a bookstore within the building.
Visit and admire the cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil with various tours that make your visit more nuanced. Although there are no tickets for Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil, you can always make your visit more enlightened by booking tours. As you buy tickets for cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil, you get to see this attraction as per your convenience and preference. Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil tickets and tours will be your gateway to understand the culture of Brazil better. And if you are interested to know detailed prices for tours, you can check out the section below for Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil Ticket prices
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil Travel Tips
- Presale of tickets starts on the Monday a week before the event, restricted to four tickets per person.
- For free events, passwords are distributed one hour prior to the start of the session.
- There is an information desk on the ground floor with a bilingual attendant (English & Portuguese).
- Entry is not permitted once a show has begun.
- Photography of exhibits, unless restricted, is permitted without flash.
- Food and Drinks are not permitted in the theatre and exhibition halls.
- There is an ATM located on the ground floor.
- The building has complete disabled access.
Entrance Ticket Details For Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
- Exposure, Ideas and Education Program: Free
- Performing Arts (theatre, dance & opera): R$ 10.00 (whole), R$ 5.00 (half price)
- Cinema: £ 4.00 (whole) and R$ 2.00 (half price)
How to Reach Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
- Metro Station: Carioca Station or Station Uruguaiana
- Bus Stop: BRS 1,2,3,4,5 – Candelária
- Cafe Brasserie Brazil
- Restaurant Brasserie Brazil
- Coccinelle Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
42.04% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
48.15% of people start their Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
76.6% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil