Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil, Rio De Janeiro
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil, Rio De Janeiro - Address, Phone Number
Address: R. Primeiro de Marco, 66 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20010-000, Brazil
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 15.2K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Museum, Entertainment, Theatre
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil, Rio De Janeiro
Often referred to as simply CCBB, it is the cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil (Bank of Brazil) and is how the name translates in English. While it may seem unusual for a bank to have such a centre, the place has a lot to offer and is a good place to spend time indoors during inclement weather. The bank has two other such centres in Brasilia and Sao Paolo but the one in Rio De Janeiro is the largest. The CCBB is one of the most visited art museums in the world. There are always interesting expositions and cultural events happening here. The CCBB hosts several events showcasing performing arts like dance, theatre, music and opera. The architecture of the building is also noteworthy and is of art-deco style. The complex also has a performing arts theatre and a cinema. There is cafe, a restaurant and a bookstore within the building.
Visit and admire the cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil with various tours that make your visit more nuanced. Although there are no tickets for Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil, you can always make your visit more enlightened by booking tours. As you buy tickets for cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil, you get to see this attraction as per your convenience and preference. Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil tickets and tours will be your gateway to understand the culture of Brazil better. And if you are interested to know detailed prices for tours, you can check out the section below for Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil Ticket prices
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil Information
- Presale of tickets starts on the Monday a week before the event, restricted to four tickets per person.
- For free events, passwords are distributed one hour prior to the start of the session.
- There is an information desk on the ground floor with a bilingual attendant (English & Portuguese).
- Entry is not permitted once a show has begun.
- Photography of exhibits, unless restricted, is permitted without flash.
- Food and Drinks are not permitted in the theatre and exhibition halls.
- There is an ATM located on the ground floor.
- The building has complete disabled access.
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil Ticket Prices
- Exposure, Ideas and Education Program: Free
- Performing Arts (theatre, dance & opera): R$ 10.00 (whole), R$ 5.00 (half price)
- Cinema: £ 4.00 (whole) and R$ 2.00 (half price)
How To reach Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil by Public Transport
- Metro Station: Carioca Station or Station Uruguaiana
- Bus Stop: BRS 1,2,3,4,5 – Candelária
Restaurants Near Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
- Cafe Brasserie Brazil
- Restaurant Brasserie Brazil
- Coccinelle Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil, Rio De Janeiro Reviews - Write a Review
Local reservado, porém bem localizado. Perto de vias de grandes circulação e atrás do CCBB, que é bem movimentado. Decoração muito bonita e garçons muito simpáticos. A comida é excelente e as bebidas são muito saborosas. Não ganha 5 estrelas pois o local não oferece nada que os outros restaurantes do tipo já não ofereçam e os preços são bem altos.
It's a wonderful place where you will find a lot of cultures.
Very high quality exhibits. Free.
Good way to spend some time in country, free entrance as well.
One of the most beautiful places in Rio. Do not leave Rio without a visit. Art expositions, theather, movies, library, restaurant and cafe. All inside there. Click thumbs up please so I can be aware that you read this. Thanks.