Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil, Rio De JaneiroCurrently Closed
- Address: R. Primeiro de Marco, 66 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20010-000, Brazil
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-2138082020
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, Entertainment, Theatre
About Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil, Rio De Janeiro
Often referred to as simply CCBB, it is the cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil (Bank of Brazil) and is how the name translates in English. While it may seem unusual for a bank to have such a centre, the place has a lot to offer and is a good place to spend time indoors during inclement weather. The bank has two other such centres in Brasilia and Sao Paolo but the one in Rio De Janeiro is the largest. The CCBB is one of the most visited art museums in the world. There are always interesting expositions and cultural events happening here. The CCBB hosts several events showcasing performing arts like dance, theatre, music and opera. The architecture of the building is also noteworthy and is of art-deco style. The complex also has a performing arts theatre and a cinema. There is cafe, a restaurant and a bookstore within the building.
Visit and admire the cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil with various tours that make your visit more nuanced. Although there are no tickets for Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil, you can always make your visit more enlightened by booking tours. As you buy tickets for cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil, you get to see this attraction as per your convenience and preference. Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil tickets and tours will be your gateway to understand the culture of Brazil better. And if you are interested to know detailed prices for tours, you can check out the section below for Cultural centre of Banco Do Brasil Ticket prices
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil Information
- Presale of tickets starts on the Monday a week before the event, restricted to four tickets per person.
- For free events, passwords are distributed one hour prior to the start of the session.
- There is an information desk on the ground floor with a bilingual attendant (English & Portuguese).
- Entry is not permitted once a show has begun.
- Photography of exhibits, unless restricted, is permitted without flash.
- Food and Drinks are not permitted in the theatre and exhibition halls.
- There is an ATM located on the ground floor.
- The building has complete disabled access.
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil Ticket Prices
- Exposure, Ideas and Education Program: Free
- Performing Arts (theatre, dance & opera): R$ 10.00 (whole), R$ 5.00 (half price)
- Cinema: £ 4.00 (whole) and R$ 2.00 (half price)
How To reach Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil by Public Transport
- Metro Station: Carioca Station or Station Uruguaiana
- Bus Stop: BRS 1,2,3,4,5 – Candelária
Restaurants Near Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
- Cafe Brasserie Brazil
- Restaurant Brasserie Brazil
- Coccinelle Bistro
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
52.02% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
44.24% of people start their Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
80.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil
Centro Cultural Banco Do Brasil, Rio De Janeiro Reviews
Good place with lot too see about the Brazilian culture and past life of Brazil is immigrants and slave life. They also host lot of art and stage show periodically so that is another good attraction. Would recommend that place it's in walking distance to other attractions and many eateries are just located at the back side of the building.
The place itself is very interesting, if you have a guide. Other than that, you'll probably end up not going anywhere, or getting lost. Not many places to sit, when you get tired. Eating in there is a rip off.
Best cultural venue in Rio. They will always, anytime, have an expo of an incredible artist there. Many atractions are. Just watch out when it is the last day of an expo or the artist is too famous, you may need to wait in lines to get tickets.
Fantastic free exhibitions, great organization and beautiful place. The library and the bookstore are worth a visit. There are also quality movie sessions, concerts and theatrical productions at good prices. The coffee shop and the restaurant are quite expensive.
Beautiful museum in Rio currently showing a really cool show called exAfrica
All QuestionsCentro cultural banco do brasil
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Rio De Janeiro
- Relais Et Chateaux Santa Teresa
- Instituto Nacional De Matemática Pura E Aplicada
- Pontifical Catholic University Of Rio De Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio De Janeiro
- Ginásio Gilberto Cardoso
- Gilson Martins
- Praça Quinze De Novembro
- R. José Linhares, 154
- Av. Sernambetiba, 8000
- Universidade Castelo Branco