Pao De Acucar3375 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Av. Pasteur, 520 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro, 22290-240, Brazil
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: 55-2125468400
- Ticket Price: 53 BRL
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Peak, Nature
This peak located at the mouth of the Guanabara Bay is another popular destination in the city of Rio. The peak is largely conical in shape and goes by the popular name of Sugarloaf Mountain. The name is said to have originated in the 16th century when sugarcane cultivation was a booming industry in the country.
The shape of the mountain is said to closely resemble a slab of loaf sugar, hence the name. The interesting point about this peak is that it is more commonly associated to a vantage point more than a national historical location like the nearby Corcovado peak. It is certainly a good idea to take advantage of the Birdseye view from the top. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Rio De Janeiro Itinerary 5 Days.
Pao De Acucar Travel Tips
- The cable car trips will provide a 360 degree view of the entire city and is thoroughly enjoyable.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pao De Acucar
- Cable Car Ticekt For Adults - R$44, For Children (6-12yrs) - R$22.
How to Reach Pao De Acucar
- Set of cable cars that depart at twenty minute intervals
- Market – Brazilian, Health bistro
- Zaza Bistro Tropical – local cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.66% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Pao De Acucar in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
81.68% of people start their Pao De Acucar visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Pao De Acucar
92.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pao De Acucar