Pedra Do Sal216 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Largo do Joao da Baiana | Saude, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Timings: 07:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Entertainment
Pedra do Sal is a historical and religious site that holds a special place in the hearts of cariocas. It literally mean Rock of Salt and is the birthplace of Samba. The slogan of the place is “Aqui se respeita o samba” which translates as “Here we respect samba music”. Every Monday night the area comes alive with the Samba da roda, a huge street party dedicated to Samba. Here you can enjoy live Samba music and dance in a casual but lively atmosphere. There is no admission fee but it gets extremely crowded so find yourself a nook and dance the evening away. Both the people and place are very tourist friendly and the party goes on till the wee hours of the morning. There are booths set up all around for drinks and snacks.
Pedra Do Sal Travel Tips
- The event may be cancelled in case of heavy rains.
- As in most crowded place be careful with your belongings.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as seating may be hard to come by.
- Do not loiter in the alleyways or isolated places.
- The best way to get here is by taxi in order to avoid walking through unsafe areas.
- Cafe e Restaurante Gracioso
- Angu Do Gomes
- Trapiche Gamboa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rio De Janeiro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rio De Janeiro and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.98% of people who visit Rio De Janeiro include Pedra Do Sal in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
42.86% of people start their Pedra Do Sal visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Pedra Do Sal
71.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pedra Do Sal