Catedral De La AlmudenaCurrently Open [Closes at 08:30 pm]
- Address: Calle de Bailen, 10, 28013 Madrid, Spain, 28013
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-915422200
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral , Social, Arts, Museums
Catedral De La Almudena - Review
Catedral de Sta Maria la Real de la Almudena was built from the 1880’s to the 1990’s spanning 100 years. The Neo -Gothic architecture with influences of contemporary designand modern Pop-Art décor give the cathedral its distinct look.
- Neo-Romanesque Crypt: A 19th century crypt that accommodates a 16th century image of the Almudena Virgin.
- Museum: Showcases the history of the Church and is home to the popular mosaics seen at the Cathedral Sacristy and Chapter Hall. The view from the dome is the highlight.
The place is perfect to learn a little bit about the history of the church and explore its past as you walk through the crypt and see the timeless building merge with urban Madrid.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Madrid itinerary 2 days.
Catedral De La Almudena Information
- Be decently dressed.
- Maintain tranquility within the church.
- Make sure your visit doesn’t disturb other worshippers.
Catedral De La Almudena Ticket Prices
- Admission to the Cathedral is Free.
- Museum Fee: Euro 1 per person.
Catedral De La Almudena Hours
- Mass timings: 12pm, 6pm, 7pm (Monday to Saturday); 10:30am, 12pm, 1:30pm, 6pm,7pm (Sundays and holidays)
- Confessions: 11am – 4pm & 5pm - 8pm (everyday)
Museum Opening Hours:
- Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
- Closed on Sundays and days of special cult acts.
- Visit the official website for other timings.
How To reach Catedral De La Almudena by Public Transport
- By Metro/Subway: at Opera
- By Bus: at Bailen - Mayor
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Madrid before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Madrid and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Catedral De La Almudena
4.53% of people who visit Madrid include Catedral De La Almudena in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.06% of people start their Catedral De La Almudena visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Catedral De La Almudena
66.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Catedral De La Almudena
Catedral De La Almudena Trips
Catedral De La Almudena, Madrid Reviews
Didn't plan to visit, but popped in to escape the heat. Very pleasantly surprised. The interior is standard decent traditional church fare enlivened by a load of colourful modern additions that work remarkably well. I'm not usually a fan of the modern clashing with the old in churches (it usually feels a little too trendy vicar), but here it works incredibly well - even while none of the modern additions are, individually, much to get excited about. Except perhaps the ceilings. Good stuff, and well worth a visit. The crypt downstairs is more standard traditional stuff, but peaceful and surprisingly light. Also worth a look.
Magnificent on the outside and huge. The architecture is just brilliant and takes you to the time when Christianity was of great significance in Europe. It is located just a few steps from the palace and Infront of it there is a long street filled with restaurants and shops. Went there at night so I didn't get the chance to see it on the inside but I bet it's as beautiful on the inside as the outside. The lights at night gave it a majestic look.
Beautiful church! The entrance is not a set price just a donation of 1 euro or 2 euros. I also suggest you visit the Cripta the enterence is a donation. I bought a few gifts at the gift shop.
As long as they are not conducting a service you are free to visit. Its a very pretty Cathedral with several little caples. You will have to donate 1 Euro to get in.
Really a great place. It contains valuable works within the scope of art. I definitely recommend
All QuestionsCatedral de la almudena
I will visit the Cathedral on September 22, 2018 and wish to attend a Vigil Mass on that Saturday. What time is the Vigil Mass on this day?Answer Report Abuse
It is hard to tell right now when the service will be conducted in September. But, it would be better for you to contact them on 915,422,200 for getting the exact information.Report Abuse